Rehearsal Dinner

Everyone in the wedding party, your family, Thomas's family, and other guests are gathering at the park where the wedding will take place. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner, which means that the wedding is tomorrow. You, Thomas, and everyone else could hardly wait; however, the family members can't control their emotions. When Mark, Tasha, and Ava arrived, Maisie jumped out of the car and ran to you and Thomas. She ran into your arms and you both loved on her.

"We missed you, girl." you said to her.

"I hope you were good." Thomas said, while petting her head.

When the wedding planners, Megan and Shane arrived, the rehearsal took place. Everyone in the wedding party got together to walk down the aisle.

The order was:

Nathalie and Dexter
Rosa and Will
Kat and Dylan
Kaya and Ben
Kendra and Ki Hong
Emily and Maisie
Ava and Jack
Y/n and y/dad/n

They moved on to walking back up the aisle. Now, it's time for the dinner.

Everyone went to an opened pavilion that the park had. All around the walls were decorated with white and pink flowers, and decorative ribbon. The tables were conjoined to look like a big U. Everyone had a custom-made name tag on the plates to indict where they sit. There were small flower vases in the middle of the table that went all the way around.

It was very beautiful. Everyone was dressed nicely too. The guys wore collared shirts and dress pants, and the girls wore pretty dresses. In other words, everyone wore their Sunday best.

The food was set up like a buffet. Meat dishes on one table, fruit and vegetable dishes on another, and lastly, breads and desserts. Drinks were kept on coolers. After everyone found their seats, they got up to put food on their plates. The pavilion was full of chatter as everyone devoured their meal. When everyone looked like they were mostly done eating, your mom stood up from her seat.

"Okay. So, we have a game for the bride and groom to be." she announced.

Your mom pulled two ping pong paddles out of a bag. They were passed down to you and Thomas. Yours had 'Him' on one side and 'Me' on the other. Thomas had the same thing, except his said 'Her' and 'Me.' The writing was white and in cursive. You and Thomas stood up from your seats.

"Okay. Here are some questions." your mom said.

She held up a piece of paper and read off the questions.

"Who is the better driver?"

You held up 'Him' and Thomas held up 'Me.'

"Who is more responsible?"

You held up 'Me' and Thomas held up 'Her.'

"Who is more talented?"

You both held up 'Me.'

Everyone laughed because of the same answer.

"The million dollar question. Who do you love more?"

You held up 'Him' and Thomas held up 'Her.'

Everyone awed as you both hugged each other.

Both parents gave speeches about growing up into who you both are today and your journey up to now. All four of them had a hard time holding back tears. Then, Jack and Emily gave a little preview of their Best Man and Maid of Honor speeches.

Throughout the rehearsal dinner, there were tears, sweet words, and lots of love. Soon enough, it all came to an end and everyone went home.

'We have the best families and friends in the world. I can't believe that starting tomorrow, they're all going to join as one.' you thought as you fell asleep.