Show Prep

The cast has been working really hard for past several weeks to bring the magic from Anatevka to the stage. You, Thomas, Luke, Joel, Courtney, and Moriah have working nonstop to perfect every little step, line, and lyric.

Tonight is opening night. You were in the girls dressing room to put on your costume. Courtney, Moriah, and a few other ladies from the ensemble came in as you finished. You walked out to the makeup table. You were the only one there, so you sat down to start.

"It's been a while since I did my own makeup." you said to yourself, while applying the foundation on your face.

Joel and Luke came to the makeup table.

"Well, if isn't Chava." Luke said.

"Nice to see you too, Perchik and Fyedka." you said.

They both sat down on the other side of the makeup table.

"Let me guess. You guys still need help to do your stage makeup?" you predicted.

"Actually, can we try to do it ourselves?" Joel asked.

"Yeah. Courtney has done it so many times. Let's give her a break." Luke added.

You handed them your makeup kit and they started to do it themselves. Well, not quite. Right on cue, Courtney and Moriah walked out.

"Hey guys." Moriah said.

"Still need my help?" Courtney asked.

"Yes." Joel and Luke said simultaneously.

They cleaned off their faces and Courtney did their makeup for them once again.

Moriah came behind you to French braid your hair into two braids. She did it so tight that it hurt. Thomas came to the table in his costume. He reminded you of the kid that played his character when your school did Fiddler on the Roof in 9th grade.

"Hello Model." Moriah said to him.

"Hey." Thomas responded.

"Love, can you do me a favor?" he asked.

Moriah tied your braids off.

"Makeup?" you predicted, while tying your kerchief over your braids.

"Yes." he said.

"Sure. Sit." you said, getting up from your seat.

Courtney gave your makeup kit back to you. You started to apply the stage makeup to his face. When you were done, Thomas went to the makeup artist to put his fake mustache on.

Joel took out his phone and did a Instagram video of everyone getting ready for the show.

"Hey guys. It's Joel from for KING & COUNTRY. Luke and I, along with our wives have been in London for the past several weeks to put on the musical, Fiddler on the Roof. We are just about ready." Joel said.

"So, here's the program and there's us. Note that the headshots are not good." Luke said, showing off the program.

Everyone else around him said hi in the video. When you all were done, you guys went to the tech team to get your mics on. Then, each of you went to the stage for mic check.

You, Thomas, Joel, Luke, Courtney, and Moriah took some pictures after the mic check. You and Thomas went to the green room to look over your lines. The director came into the green room.

"Time for the company meeting." the stage manager called out.

Everyone in the cast and crew made their way into the small green room. The director gave notes and words of encouragement.

"Okay, everyone. Hands in." he said.

Everyone got in a circle and put one of their hands in the middle.

"One...two...three...FIDDLER!" everyone yelled as their hands went up.

"Places!" the stage manager called out.

Everyone went to their places for the beginning of the show. It's show time!