1- Choi San

letter number one, Choi San
he was my first friend, my first crush we met back before i can even remember and he still has the same smile, his dimples were as clear as they were there as they are now.

I met him at a park before i even started school as my mom tells me, the sky was as blue as the ocean and the grass was fresh, spring had just begun.

I was sitting alone on a swing staring up into the sky admiring the gleam of the sun, until a body blocked my view.

"Would you like to join me?" a soft voice spoke catching me out of my daze and making me focus on him. His pale skin reflecting the sun and his dark hair shining, he wore a soft smile with a hint of mischief with dimples as ornament on his cheeks.

"You looked pretty lonely and it's not fair for a girl to be lonely" he put his hand in front of me to take "come with me, let's have fun" i took his hand and he pulled me up.

He took me outside the park to a nearby field filled with daisies and buttercups and long grass, the grass tickled my feet as we walked to the middle of the field. He stopped walking and sat down patting the spot next to him indicating for me to sit down.

"So what is your name?" He finally asks "my name is yunmi and you?" I start to pick grass from the ground as i grew nervous
"i'm san" he picked a daisy from the ground at put it behind my ear "it suits you" he says smiling proudly of what he's done.

As for me my face couldn't be more red which is surprising for a child who can't even properly explain what happiness is.

"are you ok? your face is all red, are you too hot? Should i take you home?" He got worried really quickly "no i'm fine" i try to convince him but he had his mind set.

"No i must get you home you are unwell" he got up and helped me up. "So what way is your home?" He asks as he starts to walk back into the direction of the park with the sun hitting our backs.

I help direct him back to my house as he kept on asking me if i was ok, we reached my house and i opened the front door

"Mom i'm home!" I shout and walk in I turn around and look at san "come in" i told him and then he quickly follows in after me

"yunmi how are you? How was the park?" My mom asks as the walks towards us
"Oh who's this" she indicates to san

"Hi miss i'm san, yunmi's new friend" he bows and shows her his charming smile "it's lovely to meet you san it's great to see that yunmi is actually capable of making friends" she says and laughs at her own words
"Make yourself at home i'll be in the kitchen" and she walks away.

That's all i got told about the day i met San and when i hear it, it almost sounds too good to be true but it is, after that we've been friends since that was until we got into high school of course and that is when him and my sister started to date.

I later found out from that day we met that San was actually a year older than me aka the same age as my sister and my mum always tried to put the together and obviously it worked.

I wrote the letter at the beginning of middle school that's when my crush for him was at it's peak and when we were at our closest, i should probably point out that i got moved up a year too so we were always together.

But when him and my sister started going out that's when we broke off, my sister got clingy and didn't trust us together so by high school we were history.

The letter
Dear San
How long have we know each other now huh it just seems like yesterday when we were on that field with the daisies, i liked to think that you intentionally made me flustered when you put the flower behind my ear and taking me home was your own way of becoming closer and having an excuse to know were i live but thinking about it makes me think i'm a fool, to be honest sometimes i really disliked my mom for putting you and my sister in the spotlight and trying to get you guys to date, i can tell that you are uncomfortable but i'm to nervous to say anything just incase you actually like her.
Do you remember that day when you started middle school and was so shocked when you found out i had moved up a year that was one of the best days of my life but you almost squeezed me to death with that hug. Anyway I'm writing this letter to you to tell you that i like you more than a friend when i first looked into your eyes that day we met i knew that there was something about you and i will never let go of that, so i hope that we will stay together for now and forever, don't let us go please

    Love from yunmi