8- Kang Yeosang

The eighth letter Kang Yeosang
The final letter, I wrote the letter shortly after meeting him, he was always charming and I just knew I liked him. I met him at the start of my sophomore year as he just moved to our school.

He was pretty quiet and people had many failed attempts of trying to be his friend but he always rejected people. I saw him everyday after all he was in all my classes and he also went to the after school study sessions too.

He looked absolutely flawless his hair looked great even if he put no effort in and his face was god like. It's like the gods and took even more time to mould and structure it.

I sometimes can't believe we are best friends now all because of that one day and that one seat, I couldn't be anymore thankful.

School had just ended and all students were hurrying their way out of school, i walked out my class and made way to the classroom the study sessions would be taking place in.

I had to stop by my locker on the way though putting me a bit behind as i had a few books to put in. After I was done I continued to make my way to the classroom.

But when I got there it was full, there was only one seat left and it was beside the one and only kang yeosang, i was internally screaming as I walked up to him. "Hey can I sit there please?" I ask politely, he looks up and his eyes skin the classroom him noticing that there were no other seats left.

"Ok" he responds quietly but just loud enough to hear. I put my stuff out and started to tale out the necessary books for the subject. I started to work away not really paying attention to the world around me as I was here to study.

However I didn't notice the few glances I got from yeosang every so often and if I did see them I wouldn't have know what I would have done.

As I was continuing the study I got a tap on my shoulder "hey do you know how to do this" a soft deep voice asks me snapping me out of the studying I was so invested in.

"Oh yeah I do" I leaned I closer to him which caused him to tense up a bit, I ignored it and started to help him out with what he asked at the end he thanks me and gives me a small kind smile.

I felt to special after that he's never smiled at anyone not even a teacher. The few people who watched the interaction were shocked too. Who could blame them, the boy who didn't talk and didn't move just smiled at a girl.

The time finished up quite quickly and my time sitting next to yeosang was over, the people in the classroom started to pack up including me and we all left, I went back to my locker to return my books and started to walk out.

"Wait yunmi!" Someone shouted behind me 'who could that be?' i thought since I still haven't had a close friend since San. I turned around to my surprise I saw yeosang.

"Hi yeosang what are you doing?" I ask him and he could see the shock written on my face. "You forgot this" he handed me a pencil "oh thank you" I bow and was about to walk away "wait I want to say thank you too" he says quickly, which stopped me from turning away.

"Thanks for helping me today, and thanks for not being one of those crazy fan girls" he laughs which makes my heart flutter because of how soft his laugh was. "Yeah being one of those isn't one of the things I want to be in life" i smile at him and he returns the smile.

"So do you want to be friends?" He asks and got a bit shy as his cheeks turned to a light shade of pink. "I would love to be your friend yeosang" I responded and he looks up happy and hugs me. "You can't leave me now" he says and laughs

And now ever since then we've been best friends even though we've now known each other for about two years now it feels like we've known each other since pre school.

Yeosang at first seemed like a reserved person but when I got to know him I figured out he was literally the biggest fluff ball to ever exist and that's a fact.

But even though we were close and everything he still didn't know about the letters well I'm especially glad now because he has one of his own and I don't know what I would do if he found it. Probably cry.

I started to get a crush on him since the middle of junior year, he is so sweet that I just could help it and not to mention the fact that he's gorgeous but that's another story.

The letter
Dear yeosang

Remember when you moved to our school you were so shy and small it seems so long ago now to think about, but anyway you were so quiet and reserved I didn't think that you would talk to anyone for all of high school but look at you now I'm completely wrong. How lucky am I to have you as my best friend well even though I want it to be more that that I'm almost positive that you don't see me in that way. You're so kind and understanding that it's almost impossible not to like you, I've told you about all my past and even though I had spent the last two years alone before you were there, you still wanted to be my friend. I have so many things to thank for that 1: the people in that class who got there before me 2: you for getting stuck on that question and 3: me forgetting that pencil. For once I'm thankful about my forgetful memory and it's all because of you, thank you.

Love from yunmi