9- Letters Out

August 25th
It's our first day back after summer vacation and as usual I was finding it hard to get out of bed. But of course even if I didn't want to get up, I had to. I had gotten up went for a shower and finished up by getting dressed

I made my way down stairs greeted by my mother, father and not so well looking sister. "Are you ok?" I walk up to her and check her forehead that was roasting. "No I'm not but thanks for asking" she slouches in her chair and it looks like she's about to fall asleep.

"Your sister isn't going into school today as she is sick" your mom told me as I took my seat next to her "ah get well soon sissy you're missing the first day of senior year" I say sadly. My sister was going to respond when a knock on the door cut her off.

"I'll go get it" my mom says and goes and answers the door. Me and my sister chatted away but stopped as a boy stood in front of us "so I'm guessing you're not coming to school?" He asks with a slight pout that I couldn't help but find cute.

"No I'm sorry San" she pouts back and which I almost gagged at "well I came all this way to pick you up" he then turns to me "Why don't I take yunmi for you Mr and Mrs Min" he suggests, however in the corner of my eye I could see the jealousy creep up on my sister "it's fine you don't have to" I quickly try to reject the offer but my parents quickly step in "that would be lovely San thank you" they pushed us away and out the door and we stood at the porch awkwardly.

"Let's go" he brings his hands up to the air and mouths a fighting. I smile at his action realising that he's just the same old San. We both got into the car and he started to drive to school. "It's been a while hasn't it?" He starts to make conversation "what do you mean?" I ask "it's been a while since we last spoke, I haven't had a full conversation with you in years"

"Well yeah it has been a while" I state and look over at him, he was very focused on the road and his jawline was very sharp from his side profile, I realised i probably had looked for too long and turned away. "You've changed a bit" he says giving you a side glance "in what way?" I ask pretty curious.

"Looks and attitude, you used to be small and naive but now" he stops and thinks "you're not" he finishes "ah well that's all yeosang's fault" I laugh thinking about my best friend however I didn't miss how his jaw clenched at the mention of his name.

"I don't like him" he says bluntly like it was nothing "why not he's a good guy" I defend him "he's just sits there and ignores everyone" his voice got more exaggerated as he talked "well Im sorry that he doesn't have as good of social skills as you" i say sarcastically which I got a look from San.

"I don't want to start an argument with you yunmi, I think that's the last thing that both of us want" his gaze softened and we pulled up in the school car park "if anything I want you to know that I miss you" he got out the car and I followed.

We went into the school and went our separate ways, I went to yeosang and he immediately engulfed me in a lung squishing hug. "I missed you my bestie" my face was crushed in his chest "can I please breathe" I managed to choke out.

"Oh sorry" he quickly let go and rubbed the back of his neck. "I missed you too by the way" we both smiled at each other which caused my heart to melt 'this is wrong yunmi you can't crush on your best friend' i though

The day wasn't that interesting it was just tones of girls squealing as they saw their friends for the first time in weeks or day? I don't know. I walked back home, it was a nice walk as the sun was still up and shining and the weather was nice and warm something I loved about summer.

I made it home and opened the door to my house "I'm home" I shout as I walk through the living room immediately going up to my bedroom. I sat on my bed for a while thinking about the day I just had, i had spoken to San for the first time in years and he said he 'missed me' i don't know how I should feel about that.

The smile yeosang gave me today was enough to give me a heart attack, why am I so head over heals for this guy? Is it his hair? I mean it's always done perfectly with either his straight or wavy hair it's always something that makes his look.

Talking about yeosang reminded me of my letters 'I should read it again' i though and made my way to where the box of letters were kept however when I looked it wasn't there 'where the hell is it?' I thought as I literally searched my full room for it 'i swear I left I there' I continued to look but I eventually flopped on my bed thinking about where I had last put it.

I flipped over and looked out the window immediately seeing into Seonghwa's room "huh that's strange he's home already" I thought out loud then I noticed what was in his hand and the shocked expression on his face "sh*t that isn't what I think it is" what he had was in fact my letter.