7- Choi Jongho

The seventh letter Choi Jongho
He was the only one my age in my grade and that just gave us a special connection but that's not how I met him. He was pretty popular he built a reputation for himself when joining high school and became the quater back of our football team.

One thing that surprised me about him is that he took music and to be honest that surprised everyone, the top athlete took music?! I didn't talk to him until around the middle of my freshman year mostly because I never had the opportunity to.

I was staying behind at school once to do some extra studying since the school had some after school study groups that people could go to. I needed to keep my grades high because I wanted to stay in this grade so I attended these things quite often.

Anyway the study group ended and everyone started to leave but I thought I would stay behind and help the teachers pack up too. When everyone had left I was just getting ready to go I didn't mind so much because as soon as I went home I would hear my sister and San on a phone call being all lovey dovey with each other so it could be worse.

I got out the class and started to make my way to the main doors of the school to leave, when I heard something from the music room. Me being the curios soul I am obviously had to go and see what was going on so I quietly made my way there.

I opened the door discreetly and slid in and the thing I heard was jongho singing, our own quater back singing with such passion. I'm not one to lie as believe me when I say that his voice was amazing, it was a heavenly gift.

He was facing me with his eyes closed obviously not realising someone had entered, i sat down on a chair and continued to watch him sing. His hair covered his closed eyes and his nose was scrunched up, he looked cute.

He stopped singing and opened his eyes they almost immediately locked with mine, we held eye contact for a good minute until he said "how did you know I was in here?"

"I didn't I just heard you" he looked around the room checking if there was anyone else in here "you can't tell anyone about what you just saw" he told me worryingly. "Why not your voice is good"

"You don't understand, I'm an athlete the quater back, I'd get made fun of if people found out" he looked pretty distressed so I wasn't going to push him even further.
"It's fine you're secret is safe with me, i don't have anyone to tell anyway" I sigh.

He caught on to my sadness and sat down next to me. "You're the same age as me right?" He asks "yeah we were both moved up a grade"

"It sucks right" he continues "it's so hard to find friends just because you're younger and stuff like that" he complains trying to make conversation "it does but on the bright side we do get to leave school earlier" "That is good i guess" he nods his head in agreement.

We spent hours talking in there turns out we had a lot in common and we both shared the struggle of being the younger ones. It quickly turned dark though and we both had to leave the school before we got locked in.

"Hey come with me" he took my hand which I slight blushed at because of the sudden contact. We walked along little street but all going up hill, until we reached a path he followed the path bringing me with him and checking to see if I was ok every once in a while.

He suddenly turned around and stopped, he went behind me and covered my eyes.
"Jongho what are you doing?" I ask scared that I'm going to get killed or something
"Just trust me" he says softly and started to lead me up the path again.

He stopped walking and did a little countdown "three two one" and removed his hands from my eyes. The sight in front of we was breathtaking the full city was in front of my eyes with the moon and starts shining down on it.

"It's gorgeous" I say turning to Jongho "thank you" he smiles down at me and pats my arm "we both have are difficulties so I though I would show you a place where you can let go every once and a while"

Who would have thought the schools quater back would be such a sentimental person with such a big heart and voice, not many people would and if I was being perfectly honest I myself am pretty awestruck.

We sat down on a bench together both admiring the view of the city in front of us "how did you find this?" I ask him, he hums acknowledging my question then turns back to look at me "I was having tough times trying to fit in especially in middle school" he stops

"No one wanted to be my friend because I was just the 'little boy' I was so sad and lonely that I left the house a lot and walked around to reflect my feelings and one day I stumbled upon this place and I fell in love" he finished of

"I never knew that you had such difficulties in middle school" I was pretty shocked about it too "it's fine but now I see that you are having difficulties, i see you around school you look lonely, so I want you to have this place let this be ours"

After that interaction with Jongho I continued to go there it was a safe spot. Sometimes I would meet Jongho there we would talk about school and other worries we had, we became a support system for each other.

The letter
Dear Jongho

I will never forget your voice. I can't understand why you would hide such a beautiful talent but then something about being the only person who knows about it gives me a sense of pleasure, it's nice knowing that you trust me with it now. I never thought of you to be the sentimental type but I was told earlier on to not judge a book by its cover and that's exactly what I'll do from now on. Thank you by the way for introducing me to your safe place well now our safe space, and I thank you for also understanding me, I think that's why I feel some sort of way about you. I hope that your not over working yourself in football because I know how hard you worked to be there. Stay healthy and take care.

Love from yunmi