10- Panic

August 25th
He was holding my letter eyes wide, he was rising his head to look over and I quickly jumped and hid behind my bed. 'How the hell did he get that letter!?' I eternally screamed in my head.

I waited a few minutes and raised my head to check if he was still there fortunately he was gone but then the door bell rang "yunmi it's for you!" My dad shouted from down stairs.

I can't face him and I won't face him I went and opened my window and climbed onto the tree next to it slowly and quietly making my way down. Once I had reached the floor I ran, i went to the first place that came to mind.

It was evening and it was the best time to be there, the sun was setting and you could see bits of the sun sticking out from some of the buildings. "Yunmi?" A voice from behind me called my name almost immediately I recognised it. "Hey Jongho" I greeted him back, he sat down next to me and pulled out something from his pocket. "Did you seriously write me this? I don't fully believe it was you" I looked at what he was holding and saw the letter

"How did you get that?!" I panic and Jongho looks at me confused "I got it in the mail when I got home, didn't you send me it?" He asks "no I didn't well sorta I don't know"

"You're not making any sense yunmi" he informs me "I know, i wrote that letter Jongho but it was years ago" I told him he looked at me "so you didn't send it?" He questions "no I didn't and I want to know who did because now Seonghwa has his and I really hope the rest don't have theirs"

"Woah! What do you mean the rest!" He looks at me shocked "well....there's actually eight letters in total and now they probably all have their letter" I put my face in my hands frustrated.

"Could you tell me the people you sent a letter to?" He asks "sure there's, Choi San, Park Seonghwa, Song Mingi, Jung Wooyoung, Kim Hongjoong, Jeong Yunho, you and Kang Yeosang" I named them all and his eyes turn wide again. "Kang Yeosang as in your best friend Kang yeosang!"

"Yes exactly him and tomorrow is going to be so awkward" I lift my head up and look at Jongho "and what about the others Wooyoung and San are popular, Mingi is in his own world and I can never go to see Yunho again" Jongho looks at me sympathetically "wait who's Yunho?" He asks me.

"He's a barista at my local coffee shop that I stop by at the end of school" he ah'd and went quiet "if you want I could try and hide you from everyone tomorrow" he suggested "really? That would be great!" I was so thankful I couldn't even bare to look at any of them.

"I should head home now though" I say as I got up "thank you for not over reacting and for helping" I started to make my way back home.

Jongho pov

What the hell? She wrote eight letters? What a way to feel special am I right, if only she new the way I felt about her and if only I had the confidence to tell her maybe she would be mine. This letter gives me enough evidence for that.

But now that I know the guys who I'm up against there's no chance I'll get her Wooyoung and Yeosang at our school are very popular with girls because of their god like visuals, I in no way could live up to that.

All the guys are perfect in every way well I don't know about Yunho since I've never met him but he must be something special if she likes him.

Your pov

As I made my way home I decided to check my phone 30 text messages and 13 missed calls and a few voice mails and many are from yeosang.

I didn't have the confidence to call back or text back but I'm thought I would just listen to the voice mails

'This voice mail was left by Kang Yeosang at 7:33pm' the voice mail starts 'hey yunmi where are you? I went to your house but your parents said you just disappeared, I've also looked around town for you but you're no where to be seen, are you ok? I hope you are, call or text me when you get this, I really need to speak to you, bye.'

The voice mail cuts off and I'm left stunned 'what are you going to do?' I ask myself. I finally reach home and as soon as I walked in my parents hugged me "where on earth were you?" My mom asks clearly worried as hell.

"I was just out, i needed fresh air" I state then my dad looks at me "yeosang was here for you worried as hell because he thought you had died or something and seonghwa came over before, what is happening?"

"It's nothing trust me" I walked away and ran up to my room shutting the door quickly before anyone could come in. Just then my phone binged i looked and it was a text from Yeosang

Yeosang: yunmi where are you?
Yeosang: i went to your house but your parents don't know where you are
Yeosang: it's been hours are you okay?
Yeosang: you're parents say you're home now can I come over?

Not today yeosang :yunmi

Yeosang: oh yunmi finally, why not?

I'm not in the mood today: yunmi

Yeosang: okay but just don't ignore me

Okay I need to go, bye: yunmi

Yeosang: bye

I throw my phone on my bed and groan what am I going to do tomorrow. I then look up and out the windows which was the worst mistake I could've done as I had locked eyes with Seonghwa.

"F*ck"