2- Park Seonghwa

The second letter park seonghwa
I've always known him he was my neighbour after all but i hadn't spoken to him until the day San and my sister started dating at our last year of middle school i was absolutely devastated i had no choice.

It was half way through our last year of middle school everything was going great except the fact that me and San had been pretty distant with each other he and my sister had gotten closer and i didn't want to annoy him so a step aside for a while.

And then the news hit me like a truck, they had started dating, i barely made it through that day i had spent years of loving that boy and he dates my sister, i felt betrayed. As soon as i got home i locked myself in my room and let everything out.

I didn't even realise how much i was holding in until then. My mom was quick to come up and ask me what was wrong but when she did i told her to go away after all there was a chance that if it wasn't for her i wouldn't be in this situation at all.

It came to a point where my parents were panicking because i hadn't had anything to eat, but even then i refused to leave i couldn't bear to look at my sister and didn't want my family to see me in this state.

It took sometime but i finally managed to compose myself however the lingering feeling of pain and betrayal stayed and crept up my veins making me want to kill someone but even i knew that i was taking it too far.

I walked up to my window about to shut the blinds when i noticed how bright the stars and moon was i was so amazed with it i had forgotten about how sad and mad i had just been.

I looked back down and to the house next door and ended up making eye contact with my neighbour park seonghwa, he was a freshman in high school as far as i'm aware. We held eye contact for a while until he moved closer to the window and opened it.

Once it was open he sat down by the window frame, i got up and did the same.
"Good evening" he greeted me bowing his head slightly "good evening" i responded but with a gritted voice from all the crying.

"Are you ok you look pretty down?" He tilts his head and looks into my eyes, so deep into them that i thought he was reading my soul. "It's a long story" i look down trying to hold myself back from crying.

"I'm here to listen" his voice was soothing and something in me new that i could trust him. "If you want you can come over or we could meet outside?" He suggests

"Outside would be nice" i respond, we both close our windows and i finally left my room and made my way to the front door, my mom quickly running after me "wait yunmi! You need to eat!" I go to the front door and unlock it leaving the house

My mom stops by the door and sees seonghwa outside "just don't be out for too long" she says and shuts the door walking back into the main part of the house.

"So where do you want to go?" He asks
"I have a place in mind" i say and grab his arm taking him along with me

We finally make it, to a large field with daisies, buttercups and long grass, i walked into it sitting down in the middle starting up into the sky admiring everything single star that could be seen.

I looked back and took in the landscape around me every emotion came in and i started to cry it all reminded me of him so much, but somehow my body just took me here.

"Hey it's ok" seonghwa ran to me and engulfed me in a hug patting my back, he let go and sat in front of me wiping the tears of my face with his thumb.

"So are you going to tell me what happened?" He asked "it's stupid, i really shouldn't be crying" i say "it's not stupid, no emotion is stupid now tell me"

I told him about the full San and my sister story and by the end i could honestly say i felt better, i felt relieved and i could only thank seonghwa for that.

"You have every right to feel betrayed yunmi i mean i would too" he continues "but i would say what's best for you is to move on, you're still young there are so many more guys out there for you"

"Here i made you this" he shows a flower crown filled with daisies and buttercups with little bits of grass sticking out from the sides it was honestly beautiful. He placed it on my head and got up and helped me up.

"Shall we dance princess" he bows and puts his hand out for me to take, i take his hand "we shall" i say laughing at his dorky personality, then we start dancing in the middle of the field his arms around my waist and my arms around his shoulders.

"Thank you" i say and rest my head on his shoulder as we continue to dance, "it's nothing yunmi you can come to me anytime" he responds

We spend an hour longer with just the two of us in that field it's honestly one of those days i could never forget, seonghwa has helped me through many tough times and i could never be as more thankful as i am for him.

We are still friends now but can't talk as much as he has left high school and me still being a senior.

I wrote his letter after that night as i came home with a crush on him, he was always something and always new how to cheer me up.
The letter
Dear Seonghwa
Thank you for that night i don't know how i would be without it, i still like to think about us dancing in that field from time to time it never fails to make me happy just like you i guess, who knew that the guys who got me over my crush would become my new one, not me for sure but i'm very positive that this one won't end in such a traumatic way like the last one did, when you helped me that night were you already looking out the window before i looked down or was it just a coincidence either way i think they're both quite romantic if you think about it, but i'll leave that up to you.

  Love from yunmi