3- Song Mingi

Third letter Song Mingi
I met mingi still in my last year of middle school, after me and san split up a bit my sadness took over from my studies and i started to fail some of my classes the main one math.

"Another bad mark again yunmi. You can do better than this" the teacher says disappointingly and shakes their head
"Stay behind at the end if class ok?"

"Ok" i respond and get back to work, math used to be one of my best classes but things just haven't been going right recently and I'm struggling to focus.

Class finished and people started to leave,
"Yunmi if you don't get your act together we're going to have to put you back down a grade" they instructed "i understand, I'll try harder"

"I think it's best if you get a bit of help, Mingi come here!" The teacher shouted over to the boy at the opposite side of the class. He was very tall and slim with a pointed nose that fits his glasses perfectly.

I've seen him before but not many people know him or talk to him because he's known as the 'school nerd' i don't believe in titles like that though.

He came quickly and stood in front of the teacher "would you be willing to help yunmi in her studies?, she's having difficulties and i think you'd do her some good"

"It'd be no problem, i'm always willing to help" his deep voice spoke surprising the living hell out of me at the same time.

"That's great both of you get along i have work to do" we both walked out the class then he turned to me, it wasn't till then till i realised just how tall he was, he was a giant compared to me.

"So where would you like to study? I'm pretty much free all the time" he says with a slight sad smile on his face which made me feel bad for him, he really didn't have that many of friends and to be honest i could really relate to him a lot right now.

"Anywhere is fine" i say simply "look I know I'm not popular or anything but can you please not be mean to me" he says defensively making me shocked and worried "being mean to you is the last thing I want to do, I need your help"

"You're right I just got a bit defensive too quickly I don't know who to trust anymore" he looks down "it's fine if anything I relate to you" he lifts his head and gives me a smile

"So my house?" He asks "that's perfect I'll give you my number so you can send me your address" he gives me his phone and I type in my number "I'll be there at 5 so be ready" I walk away and into the crowded corridor filled with students

The rest of school went by pretty quickly but wasn't fun I've been pretty lonely after San and my sister got together I have no friends left from my lack of social skills.

It was five o'clock and i had just made it to Mingi's house, he lived in a nice homely neighbourhood that just screamed I'm rich I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

I knocked on the door and waited for a response "I'm coming!" A familiar deep voice called and footstep came towards the door.

He looks a lot different out of school his uniform is replaced with a knitted jumper and jeans and he no longer has his glasses on i would be lying if I said he didn't look good.

"Hey yunmi come in" he motioned for me to come in and I follow, he walks me into the house and the first thing I notice is all the family photographs up on the wall.

"Hey is that you?" I ask pointing at a baby photo of a young boy on a bike smiling proudly "yeah cute right" he laughs "come on we need to start studying your grades aren't going to get better by themselves"

He leads me upstairs into his room which was surprisingly very clean, so far I've noticed that he's very different out of school he's a lot more laid  back and funny.

We started to study and he honestly was such a big help he explained everything so well and I felt like I could listen to him for ever he had such a welcoming personality that I admired so much.

He had so much faith in me too he always encouraged me if I thought I couldn't do it "see you're doing it, believe in yourself" he claps and laughs at his own gesture.

"Thank you so much mingi you've been such a good help" I thank him and bow
"No need to be so formal we're friends now" what he said made me happy and made a rush of butterflies rise in my stomach.

Me and mingi remained friends after that but we never got to close because he said that he didn't want to 'ruin my reputation' I always tried to argue against it but it was never any use he was pretty stubborn about it.

I'll be honest after that one day I did grow a bit of a crush on him he was so kind and fun to be around and just radiates energy.

The letter
Dear mingi

Thank you for helping me in math and thank you for being my friend. I was failing math because one of my friends had left me to be with their girlfriend so I really appreciate that. You were so nice and supportive for me even if I was going the complete wrong way you still supported me and I thank you for not giving up. I actually grew a bit of a crush on you, you're such a different person outside of school you know that? You're a good guy and I like that about you. That has me thinking what did you think of me? The girl who you thought was mean at first? Or the girl who sucks at math but is somehow in your grade? Both very reasonable answers but who knows? Not me. Anyway I'm glad I met you.

Love from yunmi