𝐎𝐍𝐄

april 4th, 2019
third person pov

    MAISON COOPER SAT IN HER LIVING ROOM, half-consciously strumming a ukulele, eyes dazing in and out of focus. it was on off day for her. at this point in the day, nearly six in the evening, she'd have a song completed, or have cleaned the stables, or spent the day surfing. yet it was exactly 5:54 pm and the australian had done nothing productive.

  she felt off in a way. reminding herself she needed to get things done, but not being able to find the motivation to do so.

a buzzing from the coffee table knocked the young adult from her thoughts, causing her to glance over curiously. it wasn't a number she recognized, but she answered it anyways. she never knew when it could be a work related call.

"hello?"

"hi, is this maison cooper?" the woman scowled, unhappy at the thought of her phone number being leaked. "my name is jonas pate. i'm currently working with netflix on an original series coming out next summer. we're in need of a music director and i was wondering if you were interested? a confirmed actor of ours, austin north, recommended you once he heard the job was open. your resume is astounding. currently we..."

maison absentmindedly plucked at the ukulele strings as jonas rambled into her ear, explaining the shows filming schedule as well as its development, potential music styles, and its current cast.

"...so what do you think?" jonas finished.

"let me check my schedule really quickly." maison answered, switching to speaker phone and exiting the phone app. jonas murmured a "take your time," sounding exhausted. the australian figured it must be very early for him back in america. after finding nothing in her calendar until late august, maison exited the app and returned to phone, raising it back to her ear. "i'm free all the way up until early september."

"that's perfect. we expect to be done by early october. we'd love to have you on the team!"

maison didn't have to think twice. "consider it done!" she replied, trying to match his enthusiasm. sounding bored on a work call never ended well.

jonas rattled off a ton of other details, all of which only helped maison's decision in saying yes. for one, they'd be on or near a beach constantly, meaning she could surf anytime she wanted. secondly, she'd be closer to her brothers, all of them in fact, as they're all currently residing in america for work or school. and lastly, but most importantly, she got to do what she loved. make music, her own talent and thoughts and hard work rolled into several little songs that hundreds of people will hear. as well as choose songs, or create a small playlist, something maison loves doing.

the call ended minutes later, the two adults bidding goodbye, jonas promising to contact her as soon as possible with further information and a contract.

maison sighed, feeling happier than she'd been all day. she let her head roll back onto the couch, eyes fluttering shut, enjoying the sea breeze that wiggled its way through the french doors leading to her back patio.

. . .
fun fact: i had no idea that austin was friends with eben/wdw boys when i started writing this but it messed with my original plot so i had to change it lmao