𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 - 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

october 7th
maison's pov

    ɪ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇ ʏ mum so tight it hurts. "i missed you so much." i cry. she rubs my back comfortingly though i can tell she's crying too.

we detach a few minutes later, wiping tears and laughing at each other. we gather my luggage and anakin's crate before mum hands me a hat and a pair of sunglasses and we head outside. paps are everywhere constantly. i understand its their job but they really don't need pictures of us crying in an airport? watch them twist it into i'm coming home because someone died. they always twist everything.

we make it to the car after pushing through the crowd. "chris and liam have your father preoccupied until three-ish so we have about an hour and a half to get home, get you showered and changed, and get you back to the house. i didn't tell your brothers you were coming either so this will be quite the surprise for all of them." mum explains as i let anakin out of his crate. he meows loudly as he stretches, reaching up to give me a kiss, and then padding over my lap and the center console to sit on mum's seat with her.

  she drives with one hand in order to pet him.

"mum they'll kill me!" i complain, slouching against the seat. all i wanted to do was stand after sitting for twenty-one hours but i had to suffer through a drive first.

"sorry love." mum giggles. she's not sorry at all. "i just thought i'd be nice for them all to get a surprise since they haven't seen you in months."

i sigh. that much was true.

mum finally pulls into the driveway about forty minutes later. i slide down in my seat. axl is standing on the doorstep and i don't want him to see me quite yet. mum asks him to come help with groceries as i crawl to the back. my youngest brother comes at her calling, ever the best child as usual. mum opens the trunk as axl is rounding the side of the car.

"macie?" he gasps. his jaw drops and his eyes are wide in shock. i laugh and crawl towards the edge of the trunk. i can see mum taking a video out of the corner of my eye. i also see anakin jump out of the car to stretch his legs before he wanders off towards the barn. he was probably going to go curl up with my horse, rio, until i go and find him later.

"hi." i say simply, holding my arms out. axl practically dives right into them. we're both laughing through tears as we embrace tightly.

"i missed you so much." axl sobs from where his head is buried in my neck at an awkward angle. i'm barely five foot five and he's nearing six foot three so the height difference always made it difficult to hug.

"you missed who so much?"

"hi z." i say though i can't see him. i hear him gasp loudly and suddenly there's a whole lot more pressure on my body. zeppelin almost pushes us back into the car with his force.

"what the fuck are you doing here?! i thought you were still filming!" he shouts excitedly. he pushes axl's head away so he can wrap his arms around my head and press a kiss to my hair.

"what the fuck is who doing here?" this time it's james. wherever one twin is, the other is bound to follow. he answers his own question as he squeals my name. he wraps his arms around his twins arms. he also presses a kiss to my hair.

these two freak me out sometimes.

"okay get off i was here first." axl grumbles while trying to pull me away. they start fighting over me but i refuse to let go of axl so i'm being dragged along too.

"boys!" mum shouts. they all immediately stop with their hands in the air in surrender. i'm still clinging to axl so i can only imagine how weird the two of us appear.