𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

august 1st
maison's pov

    ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʙᴇɪɴɢ the only one without a hangover. it's hilarious to watch everyone wince when a loud noise rings throughout the house.

  everyone had gone clubbing for austin's birthday last night and i was, as usual, the only one who stayed sober.

  i flipped another pancake out of the pan onto the stack that was slowly growing. it sat on a plate in the middle of the kitchen counter, surrounded by utensils, a tin of butter, cooked bacon, and some syrup. i'd also chopped up some strawberries to eat while i cooked but madison kept stealing handfuls so there was an empty plastic container.

  when i finished the last of the batter i turned off the stove and set the bowl in the sink. everyone groans as the bowl clatters against other dishes. i can't help but laugh at their misfortune.

  "i told you you'd regret it." i tease, standing on my toes to grab plates from the cabinet. austin keeps moving them so i can't reach them. i sigh and get ready to hop onto the counter in order to stand and grab them but hands on my waist prevent me from doing so. whoever's grabbed me picks me up easily just to set me down behind them.

  rudy looks tired as he grabs the stack of glass plates in the cabinet. he winces as they all clink together when he sets them down.

  i'd given everyone advil for their headaches but i suppose it hasn't set in yet.

  once everyone's eaten and i've cleaned the dishes i head back to my room to change. whether anyone was coming with me or not i was going surfing. we had another day off today, courtesy of jonas when he realized everyone would be coming to set hungover.

  i chose a white bikini with pink flowers on it, throwing a jumper i stole from zeppelin on over and shimmying into a pair of shorts.

  i exit my room to quite the sight. drew and chase are cuddling in their sleep on the l-shaped part of the couch, looking cozy. madison's sitting beside them with her feet propped up on the coffee table, scrolling through her phone. madelyn's head is in her lap and she appears to be asleep. elaine is on the other side of mads, going through film she'd taken on her camera last night. jonathan is last to squish on the couch, hanging over the arm, out cold. his hand is dangling over rudy's head from his spot on the floor on his back, petting anakin who was curled up on his shirtless chest. i don't remember him ever taking his shirt off but i'm not complaining.

  that leaves austin, who's sleeping soundly on the patterned carpet, surrounded by the pillows meant to be on the couch.

  i walk to where my keys dangle on the wall above rudy's head. i wasn't driving but i still needed the house key to lock it behind me.

  "where are you going?" rudy whispers. he clasps onto my ankle and his fingers instantly start twiddling with the loose threads on my anklet.

  "beach." i whisper back.

  "how are you gonna get there?" he questions, eyebrows furrowing.

  "uber. i don't know." i shrug. i'd rather not but it's too far of a walk.

  rudy frowns. "i'll take you. maybe swimming will wake me up."

  "wait i wanna go." elaine pipes up. madison's glaring at her exasperatedly but elaine either doesn't notice or doesn't care. i motion for maddie to knock it off while elaine scrambles up from the couch to gather her things.

  "let's all go!" maddie suggests enthusiastically.

  elaine's mood deflated a little and she nods tight lipped. i sit on the counter while madison forcibly wakes everyone up. soon enough they're scrambling around to find their stuff or get dressed.