𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

song lyrics !

april 27th
third person pov

    "FROM BOTTLE ALLEY TO THE HARBOR," maison sang quietly, pulling clothes out of bags from her shopping spree with madelyn. all the girls had gone out to lunch, which the australian graciously paid for. most of them had split up afterwards. madison, lilah, and elaine headed out due to prior plans, caroline went home to her husband, and julia had a date with netflix.

  this left maison and madelyn, who found fun in an arcade near their lunch spot. they stayed for a few hours, using all their points on a pound of tootsie rolls, matching anklets, and a rubber duck. the pair had also won a cute stuffed elephant from the claw machine which was deemed their son and promptly named boots.

  still full of energy, the girls decided to go looking around the mall, which led to several bags dangling from their arms.

  madelyn had dropped maison off just ten minutes ago to an empty house.

  after checking find friends, maison discovered austin was at target again. she texted him asking to pick up some groceries and then retired to her room where she now sat singing along to the newsies soundtrack and unpacking her new clothes.

  "there's easy pickin's guaranteed." she continued, sliding a tank onto a hanger. "try any banker, bum, or barber. they almost all knows how to read."

  the sudden rumbling of the garage opening made her stop, pausing the music playing from her phone.

  "austin?" she called out.

  "and drew!" said boy shouted back.

  "i'm here too!" another voice, rudy, she thought, hollers.

  "so am i!" the third voice added. it sounded like jonathan but maison couldn't tell. she hadn't been around them enough to recognize their voices.

  when the boys began to chatter amongst themselves, cans clinking and bags rustling, maison returned to her task. she unpaused her music but lowered it so as not to disrupt the boys, continuing to sing along softly.

  santa fe had begun to play when austin poked his head around the door frame. "are you listening to the newsies again?"

  "yeah." answered maison. she folded a shirt and tucked it into her dresser, which sat beneath hanging clothes in the closet. "do i need to turn it down?"

  "don't you dare!" drew yelled from the living room.

  maison jumped at his outburst. "why not?"

  austin rolled his eyes, walking fully into her bedroom. "they can hear you singing and they're low-key freaking out."

  the blonde's cheeks grew pink. "good or bad?"

  "great." rudy interrupted, appearing in the doorway. her cheeks flushed brightly. "can i come in?"

  not trusting her words, maison nodded, turning back to her closet. austin flopped onto her bed while rudy made himself comfortable on the couch. both were careful not to knock over the instrument cases propped up against the white walls.

  jonathan was next to appear in the doorway, drew pouting over his shoulder. "why can't we hear you anymore?"

  "'cause she stopped, genius." austin retorted.

jonathan frowned at him deeply before flipping him off. drew shoved his arm down and walked into the bedroom. he took the seat in front of the thin coffee table leaving jonathan to join rudy on the couch.

  "what're we doing?" drew questions as the song ends.

  maison bit back a laugh. "watching me fold clothes apparently."

  drew pulled a face. "boring."

  "i'm stealing that shirt!" austin interrupted, pointing to the shirt his best friend had pulled out of a pacsun bag.

  "you don't have to." maison laughed. "i bought it for you."

  "you're my favorite sugar mama." austin responded, immediately bursting into laughter at the faces the other three boys made.

  fake gasping, maison joked, "i can't believe you have more than one. whore."

  austin giggled. "yeah you're right."

  jonathan's eyes flickered between the pair, both of which were giggling like school girls. "are we just not gonna talk about that?"

  "yeah back up for a sec." rudy agreed, sitting up straight.

  austin couldn't stop laughing for long enough to answer. maison pulled herself together, pausing her music again. "we're just playing, promise."

  "oh ew!" austin gasped. he finally understood what they were getting at. "mac is like my sister. that's disgusting. is it possible to bleach thoughts?"

  maison rolled her eyes but a smile still tugged at her lips. she pulled out another shirt and two bathing suits from the bag. she stuffed the smaller bag into the biggest she had, which held all the other trash from her haul.

  she threw the suits into a drawer and then stood up, scooping the shirt, trash, and cellphone into her hands. "this is for you too." she added, dropping it into his lap.

"did you know you're my favorite person in the world?" he mentioned as she left. the boys got up and followed her, not wanting to overstay their welcome in her private area.

"i'm gonna tell bellamy you said that." maison teased, shoving the trash down and letting the lid close on its own.

austin gasped. "no!"

rudy took a seat at the kitchen counter, eyes flickering between the two, trying to figure out their relationship. it didn't make any sense! how could they play around with each other all the time and remain friends? did they not ever catch feelings?

"who's bellamy?" jonathan questioned.

"my brother." the australian responded, throwing her hair into a bun in order to start dinner. she promised austin she'd make it tonight since he had made breakfast. "what do you all want for dinner?"

  she was met with yelling, everyone insisting they order something or go out. rudy even offered to do it so she didn't have cook.

  "wh-you guys are guests! why would you do it?" she complained, trying to fight back against rudy who was gently pushing her out of the kitchen.

  "technically, you're a guest in this country so...we win!" jonathan exclaims, grasping her wrist and pulling her to the living room. she raised an eyebrow at him but he just grinned.

  "i don't think that's how that works." drew says, rummaging around the cabinets beside austin.

  "yeah well, it is now." jonathan replied. he turned back to maison, pointing a finger at her face. "you stay right here. you're not helping."

  "not even a little?"

  "not even a little!" rudy objected.

  maison groaned but sat down on the couch much to her own dismay. jonathan rejoined the other boys.

  sighing, the blonde faced the tv, picking up the remote. "if i don't get to help make dinner then you guys aren't allowed a say in the movie."

  "fine by me." drew speaks up.

  "you say that like we had a choice anyways?" austin rebutted.

  "okay." jonathan grumbled before turning back to the packaged broccoli.

  "whatever you want." rudy shrugged.

. . .
sorry for the late update lmao. i was visiting my friends at college 3+ hours away :)