𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

july 17th
maison's pov

    ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏᴜs sᴇᴇᴍᴇᴅ so empty without my brothers running around. they'd left just this morning but i already missed them. it was lovely to spend time with them. i only wished they'd been able to stay longer.

  anakin however, wasn't something i was going to miss. he refused to get in his crate and i couldn't let him go in the car so he ended up staying. my siblings probably expected it though because they didn't seem the least bit surprised.

  "mac? you coming in today?" austin asks, entering my room. i sat on the floor with an electric guitar in my lap, working on a song i called blanket.

  "yeah." i answer. i save the file quickly but don't bother cleaning up my mess. we were bringing anakin to set so there was no reason.

  austin leaves to let me change out of my pajamas.

  i choose a pair of denim shorts and a shirt james accidentally left here, tying it up at my hip so it didn't drop to my knees. anakin followed me out to the car, jumping in when i opened the door. playing music first, i tied my shoes after as austin starts driving.

  "what were you working on? it sounded really relaxing." my best friend mentions.

  "just a song." i lie, shrugging my shoulders. it wasn't just a song. it had meaning behind it. a meaning he doesn't need to know just yet.

  he nods but it's obvious he doesn't quite believe me. luckily he lets it go and engages conversation about needing a vacation.

  we're still arguing over it when we arrive on set. he wants to go to a tropical place but i'm insisting on a historical place. architecture wise. like france! the cottages there are to die for. i'd give anything to have a cottage like the ones in northern france.

  "you two quit your arguing." drew demands as i open my door. anakin jumps out but stays near my feet. he's scared of cars so he wouldn't dare to stray far.

  "but i wanna go to the caribbean." austin whines.

  "but france!" i exclaim back.

  he rolls his eyes and ignores me, jumping on drew's back. drew catches him and turns on his heel, heading down to where the set was tonight. jj and pope were about to find themselves in a bit of trouble here.

  speaking of jj (sort of), here comes rudy. he's wearing a long sleeve grey tee that really brings out his eyes. wait what? maison, shut up.

  "hi ani." he coos, bending over to scratch my cat's ears. austin pats his head as they pass him but drew smacks his ass. "hey!" rudy exclaims but drew only cackles in response.

  "hey ru." i hum, accepting the hug he crushes me in. his hugs were always so comforting.

  "hey macers." he answers.

  i pinch his bicep and he jerks away from me.

  "ow! what was that for?" he complains, rubbing his arm.

  "that's strictly a brothers nickname only. sorry." i shrug though i'm not sorry at all. he frowns and whacks my stomach with his hat. i try to snatch it but he's settled it back on his head before i have a chance. i frown and he smiles victoriously. i sigh and crouch down to scoop up anakin. he meows loudly but crawls up on my shoulders.

  "if ru's gonna be mean i suppose we should leave huh ani?" i joke.

  anakin meows as if agreeing with me. i stroll forwards but an arm wraps around my waist and drags me backwards. my back hits rudy's very chiseled chest. my cheeks flame up as he buries his head in my shoulder.

  "i'm sorry." he apologizes.

  "yeah yeah." i try to pry his arms off of me with one hand but his grip is too tight. "let go." i whine, kicking my legs up a bit.

  rudy answers by picking me up, making me yelp in surprise and latch onto his arms. "rudy!" laughter starts bubbling from my throat.

  i feel anakin beginning to slip but rudy is quick to move his right arm, pushing anakin's butt up so he's sitting on my shoulder. i try to glance up at the blond but all i see is anakin's upper body perched over rudy's shoulder. the blond's arm returns to around my waist and he resumes walking.

  briefly i see elaine staring at us in jealously and as much as i want to stop this for her sake, i can't. mostly because rudy's too strong for me to pry off.

  "please help." i beg as we—well, rudy—strolls past the camera crew and a few sound producers. they all just snicker or laugh or turn back to resuming what they were doing. not even the extras try to help.

  "well ani looks like he's having fun." maddie grins as he carries me over to a group of our friends.

  "help me." i bet again. i try to stretch my feet towards the ground but rudy only lifts me up higher, laughing at my inability to succeed.

  "as funny as this is," jonas laughs as he objects, waving his pointer finger in a circle at us. "you'll have to put her down cause we're starting in a sec."

  he sets me down gently, waiting until i was stable to remove his arms. he didn't move from me at first which confused me but then i remembered anakin was sitting on both of us.

  his chin grazed my head as he moved over a bit, grabbing anakin round his stomach and removing him from my shoulder. my cat remained cuddled in rudy's arms until jonas called for everyone to get in place.

  austin pressed a quick kiss to my hair before he ran off with drew and deion.

  i pried anakin from rudy's arms from which he was extremely reluctant to leave. yet when i set him down on the grass he followed me obediently to where my chair was set up, notebook and pen sitting atop it.

  it'll be weird to watch my friends actually fighting rather than playing but lets get the show on the road shall we?

. . .
1: happy halloween everyone!! stay safe!!
2: dedicated to @jjcanrunmeoverrrr for the sweetest comment last chapter🥰