𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

may 2nd
maison's pov

ɪ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ɪ was nervous to show rudy the charleston album. absolutely nothing could've prepared me for what i was showing him now. it was something i'd written, a mere five minutes after i'd come to the conclusion i was falling in love with rudy pankow.

  it was something i realized last night, in the midst of the chaos of partying in L.A, celebrating the anniversary to the start of filming of outer banks.

  i mean, i love him, but being in love was a whole new level of commitment. one that i was ready for, and could only hope he felt the same.

  "macie." rudy stresses. he leans over, pressing a palm on either knee, and forcing them down. "stop it." he said sternly.

  "i can't help it. i'm nervous." i whine, shaking my hands anxiously.

  his eyebrows raise. "did you write me another song?" he teases, easing my anxiety a little.

  "i've written like forty." i confess. a smile plays at his lips.

  "get on with it then." he waves his arms around. "i need an ego boost." i roll my eyes and smack his chest as he sprawls out on the bed, head landing in my lap, arms locked around my waist.

  luckily i left my computer on the bed so i didn't have to attempt to pry him off of me to get it.

  we sat in silence as my song played. i ran my hands through his hair, trying to ease my nerves. what if he didn't feel the same? i'd honestly fly back home to hide my embarrassment.

  exactly two minutes and twenty-eight seconds later the song ended and rudy shot up from the bed. i jumped, startled by his actions, though i hardly had time to recover before he was kissing me.

  "what was that for?" i inquire after we've pulled away.

  "i heard you making it earlier." rudy answers, stroking my cheek with his thumb. it feels weird so i smack his hand away causing him to narrow his eyes at me. "stop pushing me away."

  "no." i respond childishly. he grunts as i push him off of me.

  "maison clover i'm deeply offended by the way you're acting for someone who claims they're falling in love with me." he gasps from the floor, tone teasing and eyes shining with mischief.

  "how the hell did you know?!" i exclaim, scrambling away from him. i hadn't told him the song title!

  rudy completely ignores my question in his response. "i'm falling in love with you too."

  i gape at him for a moment, genuinely not knowing how to respond. "well i suppose that's all right then?" i answer, raising my voice into a teasing, questioning tone.

  "you're the worst girlfriend in the world mac." rudy pouts, turning away from me. i burst into laughter as he scoops anakin up, who'd just entered the room, "whispering" to him about awful i am. which was really just him complaining that i don't let him buy seven packages of cookies when at the store and that i won't sleep with him at night, i always leave to spend the night with mads. which was partially true.

  the moment only gets better when austin suddenly bursts into the room, eyes wild and a pillow in hand, raised above his head as if he was already ready to swing it. "i heard mac and worst in the same sentence who's ass am i beating?"

  "nobodies anything is getting beaten." jonathan interrupts, appearing in the doorway. "we have to go, mandatory weekly dinner starts in twenty minutes and we're already running late. rudy please change you look homeless."