𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

july 21st
rudy's pov

    ᴍᴀɪsᴏɴ ғʟᴏᴘᴘᴇᴅ ᴏɴ the couch and promptly curled into a ball. austin didn't even make it there. he laid sprawled out on the wooden floors already half asleep.

  "why're you guys so tired?" i ask, laughing as i join mac on the couch.

  "we went to bed at four." austin groans from the floor. anakin had stepped on his stomach and was now bounding over this way. he jumped over me and went to maison, curling up next to her head. she didn't move at first making me think she'd already fallen asleep, but then one of her hands uncurled from her chest to scratch his ears.

  anakin butted his head against hers. "i know i know. i'm going give me a second."

  i want to ask but figure it's better if i don't. anakin and mac had a weird relationship. he reminded her to eat sometimes which is weird. the amount of times i've seen him jump onto crafty, grab a pack of fruit snacks in his mouth, and carry it back to her was too many to count.

  "i'm gonna go shower." maison yawns, covering her mouth. she stands up from the couch, nudging austin's ribs with her foot. "don't fall asleep there."

  "meh." he waves her off.

  she calls a "sorry in advance!" over her shoulder before disappearing into her room with her cat on her heels.

  "you can use my shower if you want. i'm gonna make pasta." austin hauls himself up from the floor.

  "thanks bro." he nods and i leave for his room. i'd been to their house plenty of times to just make myself at home so i stole some clothes from austin's drawers and entered the bathroom.

  when i got out i could hear singing from the other side of the house. it delighted me that maison felt comfortable enough to belt while i was here. she always lowered her volume down by a lot when singing around us.

  austin was sitting in his phone in the kitchen, waiting for the pasta to finish softening. i borrowed the extra charger on the counter and then returned to the couch where i'd be sleeping tonight. 

  chase had asked for the apartment to himself tonight and i agreed. maison offered me their couch almost right afterwards.

  i was half asleep, listening to maison sing in her bathroom when austin chucked a pasta noodle at me. the water turned off about ten minutes ago but she was still going.

  "no." i mumble. i was comfortable.

  "go get mac while i divvy this up." he demands.

  i reluctantly get up from the comfy couch.

  maison was sitting on the floor when i arrived at the doorway. never enough from the greatest showman was playing from her phone but her voice overpowered it.

  i leaned against the doorframe, watching her.

  she was serenading anakin from where he laid on the counter above her head, peering down at her with his tail swishing in the air.

  "towers of gold are still too little, these hands could hold the world but it'll never be enough, never be enough." she kissed his nose and he meowed, giving her a little kiss back. she continued to sing as she brushed her hair, noticing me in the mirror but saying nothing.

  "dinners ready." i tell her when the song ends.

  she stands, eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "it's almost three am what do you mean dinner?"

  "aus made pasta." i shrug.

  she hums and slides past me, squeezing my bicep as she does. her hair smells like fruits.

  i shake my head, scolding myself. that was so weird rudy what the fuck.

  macie really will be the death of me.