𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

july 11th
third person

    ᴍᴀɪsᴏɴ ᴡᴀʟᴋᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ a pep in her step, happier than usual. two of her brothers, the twins, had just notified her they'd be flying into charleston tomorrow to visit. their flight landed at noon, but her call time was eight, four hours before.

  so, she was heading over to jonas to hopefully get permission to come in late.

  "hey jonas." maison grabs his attention.

  "hey kid. what's up?"

  "my brothers are flying in tomorrow, but their flight doesn't land till the afternoon. would it be alright if i came in late?" she inquires.

  jonas smiles brightly and he immediately begins nodding saying, "yes of course! come in whenever!"

"are you sure?"

"macie, you work more than anyone i know, and i know you miss them. so please, come in whenever tomorrow. we're filming some stuff over again with chase and charles in the morning but you've already completed the musical part of the scenes so you're all good." jonas assures. "as long as you're back for the scene with nick it's all good."

the australian hugs him tightly. "thank you so much!"

he pats her back a few times, laughing. maison detaches herself and heads over to where austin is standing with rudy, jonathan, and caroline, watching chase skip rocks into the ocean.

she tugs on austin's sleeve, catching his attention.

"what's up?" he inquires.

"the twins are flying in tomorrow-" she starts.

austin's eyes widen and he grips her forearms, exclaiming, "wait really?!"

"yes, and i need the car. can you catch a ride with someone?" the blonde questions.

austin's eyebrows arch up and his hands fall from her body. "you hate driving here." the elder boy points out.

maison sighs, shoulders dropping. "i know but-"

she's interrupted again, this time by rudy. "i can take you. my call time isn't till three."

her eyes stray towards him. "really?"

rudy shrugs, playing nonchalant though he was ecstatic at the thought of spending time with the girl alone. "it's no big deal. think of it as paying you back for buying my lunch the other day."

maison grins, throwing her arms around his neck, practically glowing with happiness. "thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!" she exclaims, voice muffled, as her face is pressed into his shoulder.

maison is squeezing him tightly, as if trying to show her gratitude and delight through physical rather than verbal notions.

the boy wraps his arms around her shoulders, scared to go any lower when austin is standing two feet away. who, speaking of, is staring at him with a devilish smirk. rudy manages to flip him off before maison is pulling away from him, smile never leaving her face.

. . .
thank you for 8k reads!! 🥺