𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

april 18th
third person pov

WHEN MAISON WAS YOUNGER, she wanted to be an interior designer. something about expressing one's creativity through artwork, furniture, and decorative items excited her. she quickly lost interest in this around the age of seven, her focus switching to music.

to maison, music was a language. you could be anywhere in the world and music would still find you. maybe it's in the pitter-patter of falling rain, or the steady rhythm of shoes hitting the sidewalk, or even the clashing of utensils in a kitchen.

music has no barriers. two people may live very different lives, but that doesn't stop them from singing karaoke at a bar late saturday night. a pair might speak different languages, but that won't stop them from living it up on the dance floor. some roommates might practice different religions, but they still have dance parties in their kitchen after a rough week.

some people find friends through similiar interests in artists. others find saviors in bands. however, most everyone finds emotions.

any emotion can be found in music. music makes sure that you are heard; that you are loved.

music is powerful. music is moving. music brings people together.

and that's why maison adores it so much. why she often loses herself in it. why she chose it as a career. why she dedicates so much time to it.

and also why she stopped putting utensils away to serenade austin in their kitchen.

the boy was sitting on the counter, spooning through a tub of vanilla ice cream, laughing every so often as maison tripped over a box.

"mac, stop. you're gonna fall." austin giggled over her ending notes of taio cruz's "break your heart."

maison whirled around as the beginning notes to "gotta be a reason" by alec benjamin played through her cellphone, pointing a wooden spoon at her best friend. "i absolutely will not stop." she answered, smacking his knees with the spoon lightly.

  austin kicked her next attempts away, scooting to the middle of the island. it wasn't until his phone rang that maison gave up her assault on his legs, pausing the music, and returning to actually putting the forks and spoons away.

"hey, drew. what's up?" austin spoke, toying with a thread on his shorts. "i mean we're putting some stuff away so not really. . .hold on let me ask."

maison looked over curiously as she set the last fork from the pack into the drawer. austin was looking at her expectantly, voicing "do you want to go to target with drew?"

"yeah!" maison said enthusaistically. she was in dire need of more plants for her bedroom. at her home in australia the girl surely had more than twenty. some sat in pots along the backyard deck while others dangled from baskets on the front porch. plenty were scattered throughout her bedroom in little pots set upon shelves or dressers. even little aloe plants lined her kitchen counter or sat proud on the coffee table in the living room.

short story long, she adored succulents.

twenty minutes later austin pulled up outside of drew's apartment complex. the boy had met him at auditions, where they became friends fairly quickly, but this was the first time maison was meeting him. she was nervous. it had been awhile since she had met new cast members. on sets for marvel, she was constantly surrounded by people who felt like family. here, all she had was austin. if a relationship here got off to a rocky start or ended badly it would be significantly harder to hide from it.

but when a tall man with fluffy, light brown hair bearing a goofy grin came skipping down the sidewalk, maison's nervousness was replaced with a laugh. she'd made movement to move into the backseat but was quickly stopped.

drew almost looked offended as he firmly shut her door. "don't move just because i got here. you were there first." he slipped into the back of the black hyundai, rolling the window down further than it already was.

"aw drew, you're too kind." austin said in a high pitched voice. drew wiggled his eyebrows at him.

maison secured her seatbelt over her body under austin's orders, but it didn't stop her from swiveling her upper body in her seat to face drew. she extended her hand at an awkward angle saying, "hi! i'm maison, it's nice to meet you."

drew's eyes lit up at her accent. he shook her hand firmly, responding with, "drew. it's nice to meet you too."

. . .
my fav trio