𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

june 9th
maison's pov

ɪᴛ's ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴡᴇᴇᴋs since the beach date with the girls and it seems like elaine is trying to completely cut me off. it's obvious i'm doing something to offend her but she never gives me a chance to talk to her. i'm tired of joining plans last minute and being avoided.

she'll have to wait though. my job is more important.

a job which i'm trying to do right now but rudy keeps distracting me. he's been making paper airplanes out of my scraps of paper and throwing them back at me. so far there's five in the trash can beside me.

i don't have a trailer so i've been working in his as of recently. a lot of scenes jonas has been directing has rudy in them so i've been traveling back and forth between the set and his trailer, working on a good soundtrack.

sometimes i think i find a song that fits only to watch the scene again and think of a better one.

another airplane comes zooming in. "rudy i swear to god." i mumble, smacking it away. he giggles and starts folding another one despite my complaints to stop.

his trailer door abruptly opening scares us both.

  "dude what the hell." rudy sighs, lowering the pillow he grabbed.

i drop my hands from my necklace and go back to my phone, clicking a different song to play into my airpod.

austin chuckles and walks over to me. "one more day and then you're gone so i'm forcing you to spend it with me. let's go."

"wait what?" rudy inquires as i try to pull away from my best friend. i do want to spend time with him but i also want to find the song that fits the scene i'm working on. "you're leaving?"

"austin." i complain, digging my heels into the floor. he merely bends and picks me up over his shoulder instead. "austin!" i exclaim, immediately throwing my arm up to keep my boobs from spilling out of my cozzie top. we'd just been swimming earlier and i may be wearing a baseball jersey over my top but it wasn't buttoned. at least i was wearing shorts so my ass wouldn't be on display too.

"whoops." he responds but he's muffling a laugh. he adjusts the way he's holding me until i'm basically leaning against his body, legs tucked up to his chest, my right arm wrapped around his shoulders. i pull the jersey around me and button two of the middle buttons.

"you're leaving?" rudy repeats.

"i have a meeting with the russo's about my contract." i explain, trying to wriggle out of my best friends grip. "plus i need to give them what i've already written and produced for black widow."

"you're uh, you're coming back right?" rudy questions. he tries to cover up the worry in his tone by clearing his throat. when i don't answer immediately he asks again, "right?"

  "i won't if austin doesn't put me down."

  he practically dropped me on my feet.

  "thank you, bye!" i sprint up the steps to madelyn's trailer before either of them can grab me again. i shut and lock the door behind me.

  "are you okay?" madelyn asks.

  i turn to face her and realize elaine and madison are in here too. "oh sorry, i'll leave." that's when i remember elaine's been avoiding me. ignoring the pounding on the door i speak again. "actually no. elaine, what's been up with you for the past couple weeks?"

  a scuffle was heard outside followed by austin shouting, "we're not eavesdropping chase! lets go!"

  elaine stares at me like a deer in headlights. "i-i don't know what you're talking about."

  madison raises her eyebrows. "girl, i love you, but you have been acting weird around mac. what's up?"

  "look," i sigh. "i'm sorry if i offended you or hurt you in someway but i honestly have no idea what i've done wrong. i feel like you've been avoiding me and maybe that's just me being paranoid but-"

  elaine sighing heavily causes me to stop. she places her head in her hands. after composing herself she finally looks back at me. "i'm sorry. really, i am. i didn't mean to avoid you i just. . .i kind of like rudy and the fact you like him too just didn't settle well with me. i got jealous. i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings, that really wasn't my intention, i just. . .i know he'd chose you over me and i don't handle rejection very well."

  my jaw slacked and madelyn literally gasped aloud.

  "maddie!" madison hissed.

  "sorry!" she whispered. "i feel like i should have popcorn right now!"

  i couldn't wrap my head around elaine's confession.

  "wh-i-when-i don't like rudy!" i stuttered.

  this time madison gasped and madelyn hissed at her to be quiet.

  "you don't?" elaine questions, eyes wide.

  "no!" i exclaim. the room fell silent as we all processed what just happened. for a reason i can't explain i began to laugh. madelyn's giggles followed which only made me laugh harder. soon enough the four of us were laughing hysterically. at some point i ended up on the floor because i couldn't hold myself up anymore.

  i wipe tears from my eyes while taking in a deep breath.

  "oh my god." mads interrupts. she's waving her face with her hands. "that was so funny i'm dead."

  elaine blushes. "it's the way you act around him. like one of the boys i guess. you're always down for anything even if it means possibly getting hurt."

  "sis i grew up with five brothers and three uncles," i laugh. "that's how i normally act."

  "so you just like him as a friend?" elaine inquires, probably wanting security.

  "only as a friend." i nod.

  "maybe i should go for it then?" she asks, nervously cracking her knuckles.

  "yeah." madison shrugs nonchalantly.

  "for sure." madelyn answers with a little less enthusiasm. i raise an eyebrow at them and they both shoot me a look that says, we'll talk later.

  elaine grins. "okay. i'll go ask him to dinner."

  "right now?" madelyn asks with wide eyes.

  "yep. bye girls! i'll text the chat!" elaine hops up from the couch and steps over me to unlock the door. she leaves with the door slamming shut behind her.

. . .
oop