𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

july 12th
maison's pov

ʟᴀᴛᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴀʀɢᴇᴛ runs are dangerous. austin, my brothers and i had about twenty things in the trolley we didn't come here for.

among the snacks, two blankets, a mysterious harry potter wand package, and a lego set there was cat litter and a litter box.

we came here for anakin and yet we're getting things for ourselves. i'm a terrible mum.

"okay we need treats, food, water and food bowls, some toys, and maybe a scratching post and then we're leaving." i emphasize. the boys all instantly start to protest. "no! we've already got a bunch of things we don't need."

the twins groan while austin pouts. axl just nods at me in understanding, staying close to me. he was always a go with the flow type of person.

i turn the trolley back around to the pet section, ignoring austin, zeppelin, and james as they chattered behind axl and i. austin may be my best friend but he was certainly very close with the twins. they'd met through me but had a mutual friend named eben as well.

i push the cart down a random pet aisle. axl and i separate, going to opposite ends. we lost the other three but i'm sure they'll return with something, begging me to buy it.

"macers?" axl calls softly. i look away from the toys to see him holding two different sets of bowls. "blue or silver?" he asks.

"hmmmm." i hum, trying to decide. "silver."

he sets the blue one back and comes back to me, setting it in the cart. we end up grabbing a pack of plastic balls with bells inside and a feather toy before heading to the food aisle. the brands are different in australia but i choose one that seems safe enough while axl seeks out a bag of treats.

opting out on the scratching post we leave the aisle and enter the main hallway.

austin and zeppelin are waiting patiently beside a group of girls while james takes pictures with them. they must be limelights. axl and i join the boys and wait for james to be done. the girls thank him excitedly and he smiles, waving goodbye and rejoining us.

"can we get in n out on the way home?" austin asks as we're leaving the store after paying.

"you're driving." i answer. driver always chooses.

"hell yes!" he exclaims before sprinting ahead to the car. despite it being nearly 11 pm the parking lot has quite a few cars.

we load our purchases into the car and then head off to eat.

. . .
axl is baby