𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 - 𝐓𝐖𝐎

january 9th
maison's pov

    ɪᴛ sᴛᴏᴜɴᴅᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ how well everyone got along. really, it did. i haven't seen chase in hours because mack's basically stolen him and bellamy's been with jd since we got home.

  currently, we're all sprawled across the living room in my childhood home. it's nearing midnight but everyone's too hyped up to care. i, however, was getting tired. mum and dad had already retired to bed hours ago.

  i cover my mouth as i yawn, snuggling closer to rudy. he was sat beside me, arm extended over the back of the couch above my head. i was thankful that bellamy was too distracted to really notice us. the twins were much more mellow when it came to me and guy friends because they always assumed that's exactly what we were: friends. and they'd never push me about a friendship. as for axl, well he shipped me with rudy more than anybody so he sat quietly and happily at our feet, petting minnow, our yellow lab, while playing tic tac toe with james.

  "why're you so tired?" rudy whispers. my head moves up with his chest as he breathes. i honestly would've fallen asleep had he not said something.

  "stayed up writing." i explain loosely.

  "how's it almost midnight." austin yawns, unintentionally interrupting us. "i'm so tired." he flops over onto zeppelin's lap and suddenly i feel more awake than i did seconds ago. their vibe with one another had been totally different this time around, i was sure of it.

  "bed time." mads agrees, crawling up to me on the couch. she lays over my legs and sets her head on my thighs. i reach out to stroke her hair.

  "agreed." bellamy huffs, brushing his hair from his face. he stands up from the couch and drew flops into his spot. "night guys." everyone mumbles it back, clearly tired now. bellamy ruffles axl's hair and leans down over the couch to kiss the top of my head before making his way up the stairs to his old room. usually he'd stay in his apartment which is about fifteen minutes from here but he doesn't like driving late at night.

  i force mads to sit up and she groans but complies.

  "come on." i shake jd. "there's actual beds at my house you can sleep in." he grumbles but gets up.

  we'd decided earlier that austin was staying in the twins' room while drew crashed with axl and maddie stayed in my old room.

  that left rudy, mads, jd and chase at my house. the three staying with me who were actually here started collecting their belongings, their luggage and such, while i scooped up anakin. he snuggled into my—mack's—jumper.

  "night bubba." i murmur to axl. i bend over to kiss his forehead and ruffle his hair, something i'd been doing since he was born. he sighs heavily, clearly not wanting to get up. james hauls him up from the floor however and the two start stumbling down the hall towards the stairs with drew lagging behind.

  i cradle anakin to my chest as i enter the kitchen, grabbing the golf cart keys off the hook. chase is sliding through the kitchen door just as i'm leaving.

  "where've you been?" i question.

  "mack took me to this really cool river-lake thing and then we went back to his house to play mario kart. he just dropped me off. are we going somewhere?" his eyes are lit up in excitement and it makes me smile. i loved being able to share my home life with my friends.

  "back to my house to sleep." i answer. he nods and watches me lock the side door before following me to the front door.

  back at the house, jonathan immediately flops onto my couch and promptly falls asleep. i debated waking him up and telling him there was an air mattress set up in my recording room in the basement but figured i'd just let him sleep.

  "dibs on sleeping with mac." mads says as i put anakin down. he runs up the stairs assumedly to my bedroom.

  rudy pouts. "but i wanted to sleep with her." i blush even though that's not what he meant. his eyes widen but he quickly recovers, smirking. "that's not what i meant but we can do that too."

  mads gags in disgust.

   "gross." chase whispers.

  i slap rudy's chest but he just continues to smirk, latching onto my hand. "if you're okay with sharing the guest bedroom with each other it's all yours." i tell mads and chase. she nods, looking exhausted. the soon to be couple follows me, as well as the boy attached to me, up the stairs.

  i let them know where the bathroom is and help them move their stuff into the room before leaving them be, heading down the hall where rudy had kept walking to the ajar door. he was already laying in my bed, shirtless and wearing sweatpants, curled up in my sheets with anakin sprawled out on my pillow beside him.

  i can't help but smile. i join my boys on my bed, accepting rudy's immediate request for cuddles.

. . .
when's rudy gonna ask her out omgggg