𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

july 2nd
messages

RUDY - PANCOWMAISON - MACIE🦋

RUDY - PANCOW
MAISON - MACIE🦋

MACIE🦋
hey!! beach in 10?

PANCOW
i'll come get you in 5 :)

MACIE🦋
okie dokie

"s s. ᴄᴏᴏᴘᴇʀ." rudy hums as we float in the ocean. he was laying on his back on his surfboard, eyes closed, hat tilted over his eyes. i straddled my board, keeping a hand locked around his wrist so he didn't drift too far away.

"yes?" i ask, adrenaline from my last wave fading as we relaxed.

"tell me something no one else here knows about you." he answers.

  "that'll be hard considering austin knows everything about me." i laugh, flicking water at him. he blindly tries to swat me away. "but no one else knows i have two middle names."

  "is that what your snapchat is?" he inquires, lifting his head as wave rolls up.

  "yep. c for clover and f for floyd." i explain. the next wave that washes over is more forceful and my board slips from me a bit. i have to release rudy in order to scoot back up so i don't lose it.

  his hand wraps around my ankle beneath the water as i adjust myself. i let him hold onto me instead, trying not to laugh and jerk my foot away when he accidentally tickles my skin while messing with the ending thread of my anklet.

  "why two?"

  i shrug. "parents couldn't decide."

  "speaking of family," he says. "tell me about your brothers. i feel like i should know something about them considering you ditch us to talk to them all the time." he teases, pulling on my ankle a little.

  "i do not!" i protest.

  "yes you do." he laughs. i can't help but laugh with him. it's very contagious laughter.

  "well, in order from oldest to youngest it's mack, bellamy, me, zeppelin and james, the twins, and then lastly axl." i explain. "they're annoying, that's all you need to know."

  he pulls a face and tugs on my ankle. "moreeee." he whines. "please?"

  i sigh. i don't particularly understand why he wants to know but there's no harm in telling him. after all, i did pester him about his life earlier so it's only fair.

  "mack's took after our mum's side of the family with the whole acting thing. he's filming the fourth season of his show in atlanta right now." i fidget around while watching the waves. they were perfect earlier but they've slowly picked up in size and pace the later in the afternoon it becomes. "bellamy plays hockey professionally."

"no way!" rudy interrupts.

i chuckle. "yes way! he just transferred from the maple leaves to the coyotes."

"that's so cool." he comments.

"axl plays hockey too. he's got a scholarship to some prestigious school in minnesota. he's already getting offers from colleges and professional teams due to scouts."

rudy pulls himself closer to me as a group of ladies in tubes float by. "he must be really good."

"he's been playing since he was two. it's his basically his life." i respond. i begin to pick at the polish on my nails. lilah insisted on doing it the other night and i only let her because she promised she wouldn't be mad if it was gone the next day.

"and the twins?" he prompts.

"they both do music, but different sides of it. james is more into the singing and performance part, hence why he's in a band. but zeppelin prefers making it. he likes the writing and production part."

"like you?"

"yeah. like me." i smile. if zeppelin wasn't so close and attached to james, he'd be my mini me. if we ignore the fact he's only eleven months younger than me and about six inches taller.

"hey strangers!" a voice screeches, completely interrupting our conversation. the boy attached to the voice throws himself onto my board and knocks me off. rudy is dragged down with me because his hand was still clasped around my ankle.

"chase i hate you." i groan as i break through the surface. he's grinning cheekily, draped along my board on his stomach. the maddies had stolen rudy's, balancing on either end of it.

"how did you even know it was us?" rudy asks in genuine confusion.

"who else would be waiting to sunset surf if not maison cooper?" chase asks rhetorically.

i shrug when rudy glances at me quizzically. chase wasn't wrong.

"she needs her board to surf dummy!" mads shouts.

  they'd drifted a little far. the waves are getting a bit rough as well. and it's hard to stay afloat while also concentrating on keeping everyone together. john b may surf in a storm but our little group will not be following in his footsteps. plus, every body of water is different. you have to learn that body of water if you're going to be properly ready for everything it throws at you. i've been here maybe two months. i certainly don't know this body do water as well as the one back home in australia.

i may be a strong swimmer but foreign waters will always win. the foreign water must be thinking so too as it drags me further down.

an arm encircles around my waist, pulling me up towards a chest. rudy keeps a firm grip on me with his arm curled around my back while also trying to remain respectful in his placement. i wrap my arms around his neck, extending one a bit further to grasp onto my board where chase sits looking a little fearful. he's holding onto rudy with both hands as if it'll keep us from drowning.

noticing a hat floating, i fish it out of the water and secure it on rudy's head with the brim backwards so he can still see.

"maddie!" chase calls to both of them. "we should probably head back in!"

they both pout but listen regardless.

we're lucky we went in when we did. as soon as we've made it to the parking lot with all our stuff thunder begins to crack and the sea rages angrily against the pier.

"now what?" maddie asks minutes later. she was watching the rain pour down outside and splatter on the windows of rudy's car. we'd all piled in since it was closer than chase's.

"i'm hungry." i chime in.

"same." rudy nods his head in agreement.

"burgers?" mads questions.

"please." chase groans, holding his stomach.

"always." i say.

maddie nods her head enthusiastically and rudy starts his car. we all shimmy back into our clothes despite the fact we can't stand and we're soaking wet. i dig through my backpack and hand rudy his shirt. he makes me direct the wheel while he pulls it back on.

after we ate we ended up meeting up with jonathan and deion, and going to a nearby cinema to watch spider-man: far from home. i felt giddy as my friends showered me with praises and a job well done on yet another soundtrack.

  later that night when rudy dropped me off something felt different. i hugged him over the console and thanked him for the fun day before scurrying inside, chords for a new song infecting my thoughts.

. . .
okay so....evil wilbur?