𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘

july 20th
maison's pov

   ɪ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴀᴛᴇᴅ that madelyn had a pout you couldn't say no to.

  let me explain. she wandered up to me about twenty minutes ago with a mischievous glint in her doe-like brown eyes. i rose an eyebrow and she grinned like the cheshire cat.

  "can i help you?" i had questioned. she laughed manically, latched onto my wrist, and began dragging me to the right.

  we'd been stopped twice by charles and julia, both asking if i was being held against my will. i said yes but madelyn waved them off and continued to pull me along.

  when we stopped in front of the makeup trailer my heart dropped. "i don't want to mads!" i had started to complain. she shushed me and forced me up the steps anyways.

  after a minute of failed convincing and a mere four seconds of an adorable pout, i found myself in a chair, getting pampered and ready for midsummers.

  according to emmie, our set mom, mads had planned this a few weeks in advance knowing i wouldn't be able to say no. madelyn and the girls in the makeup department were also the only ones who knew about me being an extra.

  a woman named marcia was already waiting with a hair straightener on. she finish fairly quickly, running her hands through my hair to fluff it a bit. she sends me off to change and then guides me to jill after i've struggled into the dress.

  jill got to work the second i sat down in her chair, bringing out a bunch of makeup products i didn't recognize. i wasn't really a makeup person. i'm almost always in the water so i see no point in wearing it if it'll come off anyways.

  she peers at me for a moment then mutters natural and something about not having my shade because of my tan? i don't understand. eventually she picks up a mascara tube and what i think is eyeliner.

  "okay you're all good!" jill exclaims. i check my reflection in the mirror. she did a simple but thick wing of eyeliner on my eyelids and put several coats of mascara on. i don't think i've ever seen my eyes look so bright before. jill claps her hands as i approve of the look. before she allows me to leave she puts a thin coat of sparkly lipgloss on my lips.

  how the hell am i meant to take all this off later? i think to myself.

  "maison you look beautiful!" mads gasps as i open the trailer door.

  austin, who's standing across from her at crafty, looks up in confusion. he'd seen me leave the house wearing a ratty t-shirt and spandex so i don't doubt he was confused when i suddenly came out of makeup wearing a floor length floral dress and nude heels.

  "what the fuck?" he voiced loudly.

  madelyn shushes him almost immediately making him duck his head and apologize.

  "sorry sorry sorry." he chants. "what are you doing?" he whispers. "i mean you look beautiful but what the fuck."

  "mads forced me to!" i accuse, jabbing her side. "but thank you aussy." he grins and reaches out to ruffle my hair but mads smacks his hands away and we both start laughing as he glares.

  "mads forced you to do what?" jonathan asks as he comes around the side of the trailers. he audibly gasps when he sees me, making me giggle. "mac! you beautiful australian!"

  i laugh and he motions for me to do a twirl.

  just then, maddie, drew, rudy, deion, and chase came around the corner arguing about something. i felt a little self conscious after seeing madison. she was gorgeous and she didn't even need to try. and she looks amazing in her dress. and yet she started praising me like i was a goddess or something.