𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯

𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

it all began in a small house near the walls of camelot. in this little home lived a mother and father. the mother, a seamstress, and the father, a blacksmith, were expecting a child; a blessing in disguise. the couple was ecstatic. they invited their family from liones. together they celebrated the arrival of their daughter. to some, this small event might have seemed insignificant in the grand scheme of things. although, to the mother and father, their daughter's birth was the beginning of something entirely new.

𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙥

"come on, arthur! catch me if you can!"

"stop running so much, mira! i can't keep up!"

sweet laughter filled the air as two children ran through the streets, pushing past people as they crowded the markets. people laughed as they saw the children, thrilled by their happiness and in turn taking some of it with them on their journey through Camelot. the two children smiled at one another, their bright faces seeming to light up the area's around them.

"mira! where are you going?" the little boy cried as a little girl hopped over a barrel into an alley.

he quickly climbed over to follow her. she wasn't very far ahead, having been tripped up by a crate in the way. the little boy leaped over the crate, sprinting after his friend. a grin spread across his rosy cheeks as he closed in on the girl. she yelped as she realized how close he had gotten.

"gotchya!" the boy exclaimed as he swiped to grab her. she ducked and started running again, looking back to see his reaction.

"you wish! c'mon slowpok—oof!"

the girl collided with a solid figure. she fell on the ground, hissing in pain. she looked up, fear instantly taking over as the cruel eyes of a holy knight stared into her. she tried to back up as the holy knight reached down and grabbed her harshly. yelping in pain, she watched him lean down with a nasty smirk.

"what's this? you ran into me, huh? look, you scratched up my armor." he said, pointing to a spot on his armor that was clearly spotless. he glared down at the girl. "how are you gonna fix that, huh?"

the little boy rushed out of the alley and stepped between the girl and the holy knight. he stared up in determination at the knight. "let her go! i'll pay for the damage!"

the holy knight looked down at the boy before laughing obnoxiously. "you? what are you gonna pay with, buttons?" he said before continuing his loud laughter.

the noise he was making caught the attention of people passing by. they all began crowding, but none daring to stop the scene before them. the little boy was furious. he attempted to shove the holy knight away. this only made his laughter grow louder.

"really? you think you can move me? what an idiot!" the holy knight laughed, tightening his grip on the girl. she cried out in pain, tears flowing down her face. he then kicked the boy away, making him collide with the wall in front of them.

the little boy stared up in horror at the scene before him. he quickly overcame this fear and ran back at the holy knight, crying out in anger. the girl looked down at him through tear-filled eyes. she winced at the tight grip on her arm.