𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

"if that's true, then there's something else that worries me," merlin started.

"that's right! half of the demon king was defeated, but as long as the commandments don't have a vessel, he should not be able to invoke this power." gowther continued. "furthermore, it was impossible for any of the animals or humans around there to simply become a vessel for them. they would have been torn apart, unable to contain the power of the demon king."

"that's true..." king muttered, "even mael was unable to fully absorb even four of the commandments."

"but apart from the captain, who else would have been able to absorb them and use their power?" diane exclaimed, holding elizabeth as the goddess healed the wound on her head.

she suddenly gasped, "meliodas, it couldn't be!"

the dragon sin gritted his teeth, fists clenched in anger. "this is as bad as it could possibly get!"

𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙥

"are you serious? the demon lord's back? th-that can't be right!" hawks exclaimed, "i thought ban and meliodas got rid of that creep!"

"this is the demon lord we are talking about. it is not that surprising." gowther responded.

"as payback against the captain, he's restored the curse on the princess." ban added.

"the real question is: who has he used as his new vessel?" merlin asked. "any ideas, meliodas?"

meliodas hummed, "let me see, let me see, let me see... i can't even begin to guess." he smiled, sheepishly turning his gaze to the mage. "even i can't know for certain who the demon lord is using as his new vessel. but anyway, merlin. you closed up the gate to the demon world before we returned to the capital, right?"

"no need to worry. it will cease to exist shortly." merlin said. "besides, it was only ever large enough for a human to pass through. if something were to try to get in from the demon world side, like the lowest ranking white demons, it'd take quite some effort on its part."

mira looked up at the mage, unsure of her words. suddenly, a strange aura appeared from outside of the boar's hat. everyone immediately sensed it, turning with the same surprised look on their faces.

"what's the matter, you two?" escanor muttered, looking between merlin and gowther.

"hey, king. i've got a bad feeling about this." diane worried.

"this ominous aura... i've felt it somewhere before." king responded, hawk looking at the fairy in confusion.

"it can't be. the gate was closing but someone's wrenching it back open!" merlin explained.

"it's getting into this world!" gowther added, panicking.

there was a loud explosion in the distance. merlin looked out at the horizon, "no mistake about it. this tremendous energy is indura! the legendary monster that even the demon race fears and loathes."

"pig! escanor! get the news as fast as you can to king bartra and the holy knight chief!" king said, turning to the two he addressed.

ban turned to the others. "king! diane! gowther! merlin! mira! the six of us will deal with the monster! we have to destroy it before the demon lord makes his move!" he yelled.