𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙣

movement caught arthur's attention. he grabbed the girl's hand and ducked behind the large stump. "thanks to your loud voice, a new demon's shown up... after all, demons have acute hearing." he whispered.

the new demon was fat and had large ears. it suddenly swept its fist, causing arthur and the girl to quickly jump out of the way. they continued on as the demon kept swiping at the ground, not realizing they had already gone past it. arthur turned to the girl, smiling. she quickly jogged up to him with a small smile of her own. he jumped up onto a tall rock structure before helping the girl up. he then leaned down, letting the creature go, and grabbed a handle poking up out of the ground. the trapdoor creaked as he pulled it open.

"over here!" he said to the flying eye-bat.

"an entrance?"

"follow me!" arthur said before jumping straight into the passage below, the girl following.

the eye-bat panicked and quickly flew after. "h-hey! wait!"

the two humans landed on the ground below and hurried through the hall, the eye-bat behind them calling out for them to wait. they suddenly turned a corner, throwing the eye-bat off course.

"no way! they've... completely disappeared! i can't even sense their presences at all..." the creature muttered. "and that demon up there didn't notice their presences either... wh-who are they?"

"over here!" arthur popped his head around the corner, causing the eye-bat to scream.

"don't spook me!"

"is merlin doing well? well, it's merlin... i probably don't need to worry about her." arthur hummed as they led the eye-bat down the hall. the girl giggled quietly, making him smile at her.

"how do you know about her?" the eye-bat questioned loudly. "you... couldn't be..."

arthur opened the door to the shelter, immediately being welcomed by the people within. "welcome back, lord arthur!" "master arthur!" "good to see you again, lady mira!" "are you hurt at all, arthur, my king?" "mistress mira!"

the eye-bat was shoved out of the way as people crowded the couple. "i just got a bit dirty, that's all." arthur replied as the people gushed over him.

"as expected of our king arthur!"

"hey, damnit! who the heck do you think i am?" the eye-bat snapped, visibly upset.

"what's up with this weird eyeball?" an old man asked.

"he's merlin's familiar!" arthur answered, peering back at the eye-bat. "right?"

"er... yeah. i am a ryoal vampire, born from the mother of chaos, lord orlondi!" the eye-bat said proudly.

"pretty big talk for an eyeball."

orlondi turned to where the voice came from, spotting cath perched in a bag on arthur's hip. "i heard that you damned mangy cat!"

"stop that, cath." arthur scolded as he took off his cape.

"well, he's acting like a big shot." the cat replied shortly.