𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘬

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

"diane! i'm so glad you're safe!" elizabeth said as hawk escaped diane's grasp, running behind the two girls for protection. "everybody's been so worried about you! i'm elizabeth, and this is mira. i'm a princess from liones who's been traveling with you and the seven deadly sins. mira is a friend of king arthur's."

"elizabeth? a princess from liones? mira? king arthur? seven deadly sins?" diane repeated in confusion.

"you lost your memories and then disappeared. sir king ran off to search for you by himself." elizabeth explained softly.

"you and i know each other?" diane asked, leaning closer to elizabeth.

"that's right! you and i are friends!" elizabeth confirmed.

diane looked at the other girl. "and her? are we friends?"

mira looked away nervously, "not exactly..."

diane paused before standing up, "sorry, but i can't trust humans. that's exactly how those liones holy knights deceived us, and tried to kill matrona." she leaned down and picked up her hammer.

"w-wait!" elizabeth called and diane turned back, "don't follow me!" she said before turning away.

"'don't follow me,' she says." hawk mocked.

they watched her walk away before mira spoke up. "what should we do?"

elizabeth furrowed her brows. "let's go, hawk, mira."

they began trailing behind diane, looking up at the tall walls. "this is terrifying." hawk said. "i bet when this maze was made, the village and other things were swallowed up."

"don't say that, hawk! that's freaky!" mira cried.

"where did all the people who lived here go?" elizabeth wondered.

diane turned around with a troubled look, " why are you following behind me?"

hawk made a noise before speaking, "it's just that you're going in the same direction we're going!"

diane stepped out of the way and bowed, "then... after you, please."

hawk nervously accepted the invitation, "h-hey, sure thing! wh-which way should we turn next?" elizabeth and mira followed him.

suddenly there was a large rumble and the ground beneath their feet gave away, leading into a dark pit. they screamed in fright but diane swooped down and grabbed them before they fell in completely. "thank you, diane." elizabeth said.

"hey! look at the bottom of the hole!" hawk cried.

mira peered over diane's hand and took a look inside the hole. a shiver ran up her spine as hawk spoke, "it must be the people who lived in the village!"

"how awful!" elizabeth said sadly. diane lowered her hand so they could get off.

"i only saved you just now because it happened right in front of me, b-but it won't happen again!" diane said, flustered.

suddenly hawk shouted in awe, "look! there are a lot of berries over here!"

"really?" elizabeth asked.

"they look yummy!" hawk cried happily as he jumped into the bush.

mira hurried over, her mouth watering. "man! i've been waiting for something to eat! everything meliodas makes tastes like trash!" she said happily as she picked a few berries, eating them one by one. "these are good!" she mused.