𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

the flames raged, surrounding the demon king and escanor. mira winced, the light becoming blinding.

"what is going on with escanor?!" diane asked in shock.

"why is he still in his 'the one' form even after a minute has passed?" king added.

the demon king grunted, trying to bring his fist out of escanor's body. "my arm's stuck!" he then attempted to punch the sin over and over, but escanor didn't even flinch.

"that's not the power of 'sunshine'..." meliodas exclaimed. "escanor is converting his own life force into magic power." the demon king gritted his death as he brought his hand back, covered in flames. "he... intends to completely burn out his own life!"

mira's eyes widened at the captain's words. escanor proceeded to return the demon king's blows at lightning speed. "escanor... no!" gowther yelled.

"he can't do that... he'll... he'll die!" diane gasped, covering her face with her arm. "we've got to hurry and stop him!"

the demon king spat out blood. he uppercutted escanor, but was sent flying when the sin punched him back. the open wound on escanor's stomach sprouted blood, but he didn't seem to feel the pain.

"enough... of this farce!" the demon king yelled in anger. he gathered his magic above his head before throwing it at escanor. "begone!"

escanor prepared to take the attack, but meliodas jumped up, swiping his blade using his counter vanish move. ban jumped in, assisting them with his banishing kill attack. king covered their attacks with his fight fire with fire attack.

the sudden onslaught of attacks threw the demon king off as he was hit all at once.

"what is the meaning of this?!" escanor roared. "i thought i told you i was in no need of your 'help'!" he stepped forward, the very ground below him burning beneath his feet.

meliodas stood in front of the pride sin, causing him to stop. "i should ask you the same. just what are you trying to pull here, you stupid bastard!"

"out of the way." escanor grumbled.

"if you want me to move, then move me by force, if you can!"

escanor gritted his teeth at the captain's reply.

"i..." meliodas started lowly, "i didn't invite you to join the seven deadly sins just to let you go and pull something like this!"

everyone watched the two in worry, some surprised at meliodas's words.

"do you remember? back when i still had no concept of how to control my own power and was just berserking wildly... you beat me into submission time after time after time after time to the point... i was at a complete loss for words..." escanor gritted his teeth, "as impudent as it was, you put that tiny little body of yours on the line and showed me how to begin controlling and mastering my power... and as audacious as it was... you gave me, who was lost in loneliness and solitude, a place to be... somewhere i belonged."

meliodas looked up at escanor as the sin of pride continued, "do you have any idea just what kind of happiness that brought me?"

gowther smiled, "all too well, escanor."

from the distance, a strange creature made of the dark, inky black demon magic towered above them. at the bottom, the demon king stood with his sword pointed in the air. "o beast of darkness! rip out their entrails... devour them all!"

escanor squatted before launching at the beast. "i swore an oath to myself that day... and have kept it ever since!"

"escanor!"