𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘢 𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

"what's going on here? no matter how much we keep walking, we haven't gotten any closer to the castle. in fact, it's nearly nightfall..." arthur huffed, panting as he peered around buildings. "cath... are we trapped in some kind of illusion?"

"arthur... i'm hungry..." was cath's reply.

mira looked up at the castle ahead of them. it seemed like they'd been walking forever. nothing changed, except for the occasional demon. and, ah, speak of the devil.

a gray demon peered past the house to their right. it wasted no time in shooting a beam at them. arthur grabbed mira's hand and hurried down the path the demon came from. "we're getting nowhere like this!"

he noticed something from the corner of his eye. "cath?" his bag was empty.

"where are you? answer me!" arthur called, searching in every nook and cranny they passed. "cath! say something!"

mira turned to the king. "i don't think she can hear you..."

arthur furrowed his brows in worry as they continued on, "if i could just get my hands on the holy sword that's in the castle... i'd be able to release the kingdom from the grasp of the demon clan!"

mira gave him a concerned glance before peering up at the area around them. "hey, isn't this..."

"...huh? what the?" arthur looked up, "we've gotten closer to the castle! alright! we've escaped the illusion!"

"arthur!"

"cath?" the king looked up as he heard the cat's voice. mira ducked as she bounced over and perched herself on arthur's head.

"i'm back!"

"we were so worried! where have you been?"

"food."

"huh?"

cath didn't answer after that. arthur looked at mira in confusion but she just shrugged. he made his way up the stones to the castle, helping mira to climb up on each one. they passed through a door hidden in the wall of the castle. it lead into a long hallway with armor stands on each side. "hang on, guys... i swear i'll save you!"

"who goes there?" someone called from behind them. they turned around quickly, instantly recognizing the person as zeldris. "only those i have authorized to enter should be able to be inside the castle... how did you two get in here? my commandment didn't even react at all to you. have you come to steal the castle's treasure?"

arthur was frozen to the spot, being suffocated by his presence and power level. mira nervously gripped his hand, never taking her eyes off of zeldris. the king quietly recovered from his shock, "i... i need to hurry and get the holy sword..."

he went to back up but bumped into something. mira kept her eyes on zeldris as arthur turned his head, meeting a new face. "lord zeldris asked you a question. who are you?"

mira turned her head at the new voice, instantly taking in his... strangely long mustache. "i... i am the king of this land! arthur pendragon... this is mira, my... girlfriend..."

her heart skipped a beat when he called her his girlfriend. zeldris was approaching from the other side of the hallway as he spoke, "i see... so you're the king whom merlin was worried for..."

"merlin...?" arthur repeated.

"now tell me, what business do you have snooping around this castle? it must be something you'd have been ready to risk your life for." zeldris started. he then gasped, "it can't be... that strange sword?"