𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

"meliodas? is that you...?" elizabeth asked quietly.

"i applaud your effort, elizabeth. you've tried very hard. the same goes for you too, the seven deadly sins, and you, mira, as well." meliodas said. "and that rare beast." he referred to hawk.

meliodas smiled. despite the same blond hair and smile, there were many differences between him and the other meliodas. this meliodas was tall, muscular, and had long hair. elizabeth frowned.

"you are not meliodas." she said. "who are you?"

mira and the sins were surprised at her words. this wasn't meliodas? although he had a few differences, nothing in his personality had changed.

"meliodas!" zeldris exclaimed, trying to sit up. "i've fulfilled my part of the promise... now do yours! tell me where gelda is..." he panted.

"zeldris. are you still in love with that vampire woman? what a failure. just like your brother meliodas." the demon king spat.

zeldris gaped in shock. mira could hear the sudden shift in meliodas' voice.

"this tone of voice... this is not the captain!" diane exclaimed.

"he would've never called me a rare beast!"

"it seems that we meet again..." elizabeth said.

"sister... this is bad." merlin muttered.

"it seems like we have no choice." rueduciel said to mael.

"this can't be..." zeldris said, standing up now. "why... are you in meliodas' body? father! what's going on? you told me that meliodas was supposed to be the next demon king!"

"did you really expect me to give my throne to a traitor?" the demon king asked, "all i really wanted was a new and more powerful body."

zeldris gritted his teeth, his eyes wide in shock.

"the ten commandments are fragments of my own power, and absorbing them will not only make you stronger, but you will also become my new vessel." the demon king finished.

the seven deadly sins, along with mira and elizabeth, suddenly surrounded the demon king, weapons ready.

"get out of his body right now!" elizabeth ordered.

"what a disgrace of a father! how could you possibly do something like that to your own son?" hawk exclaimed from above.

"why? you ask?" the demon king hummed, "to not waste his true potential i suppose."

mira furrowed her brows in confusion.

"oh yeah! i just remembered of a good idea! elizabeth. i'm going to free you from the curse i've bestowed you with." the demon king continued.

elizabeth looked at him in confusion.

hawk scoffed, "what are you talking about? as if you would really remove that curse from elizabeth! you really suck at lying!"

"but after that, i will kill you in the most brutal way possible." the demon king finished with a smirk.

mira was baffled at his words. she clenched her fists, the shadows consuming them as her eyes changed to black.

"i wonder what his face will look like this time." the demon king mused, "when he sees your lifeless corpse. maybe he will become so depressed that he'll shortly join you in the afterlife. or, maybe he will finally be relieved to not be burdened by you anymore. the first scenario would be the best one. wouldn't you agree?"