𝘪'𝘮 𝘢𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

"it's a magic lake of endless mana. we were safe thanks to this absorbing all the excess power." meliodas explained. "though it's quite the strange sight to behold. with it's basin gone, the lake still continues to exist in place."

zeldris turned back to meliodas. "it's amazing you were able to come up with this on the spot..."

meliodas looked up at the mage in the air. "that's all thanks to her advice... isn't that right, merlin?"

"just how cunning can a woman get?"

merlin looked down at the lake with a smile. mira peered up at her, suspicion rising slightly.

"c-captain!"

meliodas turned to see diane pointing to the ground. "wh-what does this mean?!"

"how...?"

mira looked over as diane continued, "th-the ten commandments aren't disappearing! even though we definitely defeated the demon king!"

ban kissed his teeth. "tch... now what?"

"how... impudent... can you get..."

merlin teleported above the commandments. "well, we are dealing with a god here. even if we're able to defeat him, destroying him completely won't be so simple or straightforward."

"that can't be..."

merlin continued, "at the most, he'll regain his original strength back in a few decades or centuries..."

diane turned down to king. "a few centuries?! that's no time at all! right?"

"yeah." king responded.

"that's lifetimes for some people." ban interjected.

merlin looked over her shoulder. "well, it's not as if there's no way to destroy him. isn't that right, meliodas?"

"yeah."

"is... it possible...?" gelda muttered.

"you can't mean...!"

meliodas held a hand out towards his brother, "stand back, zel.

"what are you planning to do?"

meliodas's form changed, first from his ten commandments form to his demon king form.

"that form... that magic power! i can't believe it!" zeldris gasped. "it's on the same level as father... no, it's even greater! are you actually manifesting that power all on your own?!"

the golden arms on meliodas's back raised, the ten commandments floating up with them. meliodas then lifted his arm, pointing his finger at the commandments in his grasp.

"i'm going to drive all this power straight into the commandments—annihilate them along with the demon king."

lightning crashed as the wind blew, meliodas's magic swirling to life. mira dug her feet into the ground, fighting to keep upright.

"these are the effects of the two demon king's power resonating strongly within eachother..." gowther muttered in amazement.

"begone now!"

suddenly zeldris grabbed meliodas's wrist, stopping him from casting his magic.

"h-hold on! are you sure you want to do this?! with this power, you could take father's place as demon king..."

"yeah. i could... if i wanted to rule the underworld through fear, just as pops did..."

zeldris was shocked at his brother's answer, but didn't let go.