𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

the first statue was of meliodas, his familiar short-stature and smile standing out. however, a shadow seemed to be eating away at his face, stretching down the length of his body. mira guessed that symbolized the demon side of him, slowly growing worse.

the second was elizabeth. she stood behind meliodas, her gaze on him. she stood wit her hands clasped in front of her, her wings sticking out of her back. although, same as with meliodas, shadows were eating away at her. but instead of taking over her whole body, they created cracks in the statue. mira couldn't figure out what that meant.

the third one was of diane. she towered over the other's, her height greatly exaggerated. the sweet smile on her face was perfectly engraved, but couldn't distract mira from the darkness that swirled in her eyes. it briefly reminded her of drole.

next to diane's statue was king. the fairy actually sat on her shoulder, his wings stretched out behind him. he looked up at diane lovingly. the shadows were covering his wings as well as a crushed helmet hanging on his belt.

back down near the ground was ban's figure. however, his statue was barely recognizable. there were too many holes, cracks, and chunks missing for mira to accurately find out what he was looking at or what expression he wore.

then it was gowther. or well... someone that greatly resembled gowther. their presence was completely different. his outfit was different as well. what really stood out was that his whole body was covered in the shadows. a single spot on his chest was left uncorrupted, right where his heart was.

after him was merlin. maybe that was merlin? it looked a lot like her, but for some reason she resembled a child. the small statue of merlin sat on the shoulder of escanor. the two statues smiled at each other. the shadows on merlin's statue swirled, mixed with a bright white light that nearly blinded mira. escanor's statue was void of any shadows, bursting with white light.

she closed the curtains quickly, dropping to the floor as her chest heaved. why was she seeing this? what did it mean?

her thoughts were cut short when she heard a door open and close.

"mira? are you still here?"

that voice... no... it couldn't be...

their footsteps got closer until they stopped in the kitchen doorway.

"mira...?" they gasped, dropping something before rushing over and grabbing her. "what's wrong? are you okay?"

she couldn't look up. she just couldn't. her hands shook as she brought her hands up to her mouth, fearing she might say something.

"mi-mira...? are you all right?"

her heart skipped a beat at the familiar words. her eyes slowly turned up, meeting the bright violet gaze of her lover.

"arthur..."

the man smiled, his eyes softening. "hey, i'm back."

the tears she fought so hard to keep back broke through, causing arthur to panic. "i-i'm sorry! i know how you feel when i leave for too long! th-there was a long line at your favorite apple stand, s-so i got a bit caught up! i'm really sorry, mira—"