𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬, 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯' 𝘰𝘯

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤

arthur's eyes widened as he recognized the voice. he brought a hand up to cover his mouth as tears gathered in his eyes.

"mi-mira...?"

"arthur..."

the girl turned her gaze directly on the king and smiled softly. "arthur...!" she exclaimed softly.

galand looked at where her eyes had fallen upon the king and laughed. "aww, how sweet! the king has reunited with childhood friend!" he cooed, patting the girl's head. "if you'd like, once i kill meliodas and these other impudent humans, i'll let you keep him. how does that sound?"

the girl hummed happily before sinking back into the shadow. arthur jumped up, reaching out for her. "no! mira!"

merlin stopped him, throwing her arm out as she glared at the commandment. "i don't know what the girl means to you, arthur, but she's not the same as she was before. if you want to help her, help me get her out of that shadow."

arthur sniffles before wiping away his tears. "okay... let's do this!"

galand hummed and looked around, rubbing the point of his helmet like it was a beard. "so, this is where humans nest. quite a lot has changed in 3,000 years." galand looked around at the civilians. "but as usual, they're in a clump. their habit of gathering together hasn't changed. it's too cramped.

the commandment then lifted his axe and began slashing, destroying everything around him as he grunted at the force. civilians screamed in terror as they tried to escape. when the dust cleared, arthur looked on in horror at the destruction he had witnessed.

"the city..." elizabeth and diane looked on in fear and hawk shivered.

"now that makes things a bit roomier!" galand said, admiring his work. "what do you think?" he asked the shadow. she only hummed in response. galand turned back to the group. "all right, then."

"meliodas, i've been waiting to have a nice, long sparring match with you!" galand remarked before meliodas leaped for him, sword at the ready. he slashed a cut into galand's neck, a black shadow-like essence flying out. in response, galand thrusted the back of his axe into meliodas' chest, sinking the blade into the sin's body. "you do what you need to do." he told the shadow as two more meliodas's popped up above him. she hummed before sinking into the earth.

galand swiped his blade, causing a large wave of wind and dust to fly back on everyone. arthur covered his face despite merlin being in front of him to protect him. a purple haze surrounding him made him remove his arm. he realized merlin had put a perfect cube around him.

"king arthur, are you all right?" a holy knight asked.

"yes. don't worry about me." he answered.

arthur watched as meliodas fought galand. when he was caught in the commandments' grip he gritted his teeth. diane quickly ran in to help him but was knocked down by galand. merlin decided to teleport him away so they could come up with a plan.

"galand disappeared!" arthur remarked.

"i didn't make him vanish." merlin spoke, "in an instant, he leapt several miles, beyond the range of my magical power. he withdrew."