o

spin the bottle ;)
spin the fucking bottle

(f*g slur)

     "spin the bottle truth or dare version!" bev called out as we all ran to sit in a circle.
richie sat next to me, and i felt a light blush rise in my cheeks.
"i'll spin first!" bev announced.
she grabbed the glass bottle by the neck and spun it. after a few antagonizing seconds, it landed on stanley.
"truth or dare?"
stan cleared his throat. "truth."
"boring." bev rolled her eyes. "if you could fuck anybody in this room, who would it be?"
we were all taken aback by this question.
stanley muttered a name under his breath.
"what was that? i couldn't quite catch it," ben said with a grin.
stanley was as red as a tomato. "bev," he announced.
     both stanley and bev turned a bright shade of red, but they grinned at each other. "same," she told stan.
     "aww," richie whispered and gave me a puppy dog face.
     "ok, ok," stanley laughed. he spun the bottle like bev, and we held our breath.
     it rolled to a stop in front of me.
     "eddie eddie," stanley sang. "truth or dare?"
     "t-truth," i whimpered.
     "what's your biggest secret?" he asked me.
     my heart plummeted. i couldn't tell them i was gay. "i don't know," i breathed.
     "come on e-eddie, you have to be keeping s-something from us," bill said.
     i swallowed thickly. "fine," i muttered, trying to think of a lie to tell them. "i umm, i almost failed last semester, and if i did, i wouldn't have been able to stay with you guys in school."
"liar," i heard richie barely breath beside me.
i shot him a glare; i didn't need him to rat me out. i wanted to stay in the closet.
i reaches down to spin the bottle before anybody could call me out. it landed on mike.
"oh, you have to pick dare!" bev told him.
"what? why?" he asked her.
"that's the rules. if two people in a row pick truth, the third person has to pick dare," she explained.
"oh. ok dare then," he said, looking me in the eye.
i pulled my wallet out of my pocket, and produced a twenty dollar bill. "go order us some pizza," i told him. "i'm starving."
we all laughed as mike stood up and walked to bev's house phone.
"ok, ok, i'm back," Mike said, sitting down again. "they said the pizza will be here in half an hour."
he spun the bottle, and it landed on richie.
"dare," richie said without fear.
"kiss eddie," mike told him.
my heart stopped, and richie laughed.
"what?" he giggled.
"i'm serious," mike said, and the rest of the group nodded along.
"eddie, are you comfortable with this?"
i shook my head no.
richie nodded. "he doesn't want me to kiss him," richie told our friends.
"oh, come on," stanley said. "you guys are friends, why can't you two kiss?"
"it's ok, stan," bev said, and i breathed a sigh of relief. "that just means the dare rolls over to eddie."
my eyes flew open. "i-i'm not comfortable kissing richie though," i whimpered.
"oh, it's ok, eddie," bev reassured me. "i have a different dare for you."
i shakily gasped. "o-ok."
"i dare you to tell me your biggest secret, because we all know that your last one was a lie."
i forced the tears in my eyes down, and ran my fingers through my hair. "i'm gay," i breathed.
everybody heard me in the silence of the room, and everybody had different reactions.
"eww!" bev cried.
stanley and bill both looked grossed out, and were looking me up and down.
mike gasped.
ben laughed.
richie was the only one without a negative response; he gave me a soft smile and a thumbs up.
however, the rest of the group was still reeling in disgust.
"get out of my house now, faggot!" bev screamed at me.
i scrambled to my feet, and ran out the door, into the cool fall air. i sobbed.
i heard footsteps behind me, and then felt a hand on my shoulder. i flinched away.
"it's ok, eds."
i immediately recognized the voice.
"richie!" i cried. "what are you doing here?"
he wiped the tears falling down my face before he spoke. "she told the 'faggot' to get out of her house," he explained.
"you're gay too?" i sniffled.
"yup," he said with a shrug.
i broke down into sobs again, and richie wrapped his arms around me.
     "everything is ok, eds. i promise," richie whispered in my ear as he rubbed my back. "we can have our own sleepover tonight at my house," he said. "if you're comfortable with that."
     i smiled through my tears. "i'd like that a lot 'chee," i whispered.
     he took my hand and we began walking. i leaned my head on his shoulder.
"you know i love you eddie, right?" he asked me.
i shakily nodded. "i-i love you too," i mumbled shyly.
     the rest of our walk was silent, and we finally reached richie's house. i followed him silently as he unlocked his front door, and as we walked to his bedroom.
     he sat on his bed, patting the spot beside him. i obliged and sat down.
     i stiffened as i felt his arms wrap around me, but i slowly sank into his hug. i rested my head on his shoulder, and he ran his long fingers through my hair.
     "are you out to your parents yet?" richie asked me after a while.
     i shook my head no. "are you?"
     "nadda. but i have a sinking feeling the whole school's going to know shortly, which means our parents are gonna figure out, so we might want to get on that," he muttered.
     i felt my heart drop. again. "o-oh," i whimpered.
     richie wrapped him arms around me tighter. "shh, shh. it'll be ok. i'll be right there for you if you'd like," he said.
     "i'd like that, 'chee," i whispered to him.
     "well then, that's what we'll do. what do you say about chinese takeout?"
     "yes!" i instantly perked up.
     richie giggled. "i'll go order it!"
     i flopped back on his bed. "thanks 'chee."