ppp

hi guys. this is probably going to be my last update for a while. i'm going to be re-reading IT and i don't want this fan fiction to get in the way of the true characteristics of the characters. thank you guys so much for reading, and i hope to see all of you soon. i love you! and don't worry, i'll still be on wattpad, i just won't be updating, so if you guys need somebody to talk to, feel free to message me!

     richie was able to leave the hospital the next day, but eddie was stuck for at least a week, due to hypothermia, blunt-force trauma, and of course, his broken arm.
     after many "thank you's" to both adrian and don from richie and eddie, they left for their next great adventure.
     richie apologized every time he went to see eddie at the hospital. the guilt was crippling. it was even worse that he had to sneak into the hospital so ms. k wouldn't see him.
he'd sneak in after visiting hours to stay the night; the staff never said anything. they saw how eddie's mother treated him.
"eds," richie whispered late one night.
"mhm?" eddie asked, half asleep in richie's arms with his eyes still closed.
"i- eddie i understand if you want to break up-"
eddie's eyes flew open and he sat straight up, ignoring the pain. "what? are-are you breaking up with m-me?" he sobbed, his heart monitor beeping at a faster pace than before.
"oh god no eddie! i was- i was just saying- just in case you mad at me." he stopped talking.
eddie couldn't hear him anyway, he had dissolved into gut-wrenching sobs.
"please. please don't leave me," eddie sobbed.
richie wrapped him in his arms, rubbing a small circle on his back.
"i'm not going anywhere baby," richie reassured him. "i'm sorry i brought it up."
eddie buried his face in richie's chest, staying there until his sobs subsided.
richie finally slid from his grip, pushing him back against the pillows. "i fucking love you, and i will not leave you until you force me, ok?" richie asked him softly.
eddie nodded, his eyes still swimming with tears. he quickly wiped his face.
richie smiled softly, before pressing his lips gently to eddie's.
"what the hell is going on here?!"
the two boys broke apart, coming face to face with sonja kaspbrak.
     "get out. now!" sonja growled at richie.
     eddie nearly pushed the older boy off him, and richie fled from the room.
     "what the hell were you doing with that boy eddie bear! he nearly killed you!"
     "i love him mommy," eddie mumbled, tears welling up in his eyes yet again.
     "i forbid you from seeing him!" she snarled.
     a few tears slipped from eddie's eyes. "but-"
     "no but's," she growled, her eyes alight with fire.
     eddie knew better then to argue with her, so he shut his mouth and curled up under the thin blue hospital blanket.
     "i'm staying with you tonight," sonja told her son.
     "mommy, i really don't think that's necessary," he said quickly.
    "i will be staying with you until you're able to leave here!" she snapped. "no exceptions."
     eddie flopped back onto his pillows in defeat, throwing the blanket over his head and squeezing his eyes shut, begging for sleep. it finally came after two and a half hours of listening to his mother's snores.

on and on it went for four more days, and eddie was finally admitted to leave. the last days in the hospital were torture; his mom had berated the nurses, second-guessed the doctors, and was an all around nuisance for everybody. especially eddie, seeing as he was stuck with her for ninety six hours straight.
     finally, finally, he was able to go home, able to get away from his mother.
he all but ran up to his room, slamming the door shut and locking it behind him. he slid down to the floor, smiling angrily.
when he finally decided to stand back up, he grabbed his phone off his nightstand, dialing richie's number.
"hi, tozier household," maggie tozier said.
"hi, mrs. tozier, this is eddie. is richie home?" he asked hopefully.
"oh, eddie! he's been so worried about you! we all have. yes, let me go get him."
eddie waited patiently for richie's soft, smooth voice.
"eddie? hi baby, are you ok?" he asked quickly.
eddie grinned. "i'm perfect. do- do you wanna come over? i miss you."
"i'll be over in ten. i love you!" richie hung up the phone.
"i love you too." eddie stayed on the phone for another minute, hearing another click.
     then, he heard his mother's lumbering footsteps headed up the stairs to his bedroom.
     his heart pounded unevenly in his chest. surely she didn't listen to his conversation with richie.
     but as he listened to her angry footsteps marching up the stairs, the possibility became more and more true.
     finally, there was silence. eddie could see his mother's shadow from the light in the hallway that crept under his door.
     he slowly crawled out of his bed, taking care not to jostle the mattress and make it squeak, and crept over to his window.
     his mother rattled on the door. eddie winced.
     "eddie bear?" his mother called out, her voice nasally and slightly upset. "open the door, now."
     eddie slid his window open as quietly as possible. he had to find richie before he got to his house.
     eddie bit his tongue as the window gave a violent squeak, but at least now it was open wide enough for him to crawl through.
      his mother started pounding on the door; it nearly collapsed at the hinges. "i'm serious eddie bear, this isn't funny!" she called, clearly panicked now.
     eddie rolled his eyes before slipping out the window and dropping nearly ten feet. he hadn't realized how cold it was outside until he hit the frozen ground.
     he heard his door being slammed open. a moment later, his mother's head poked out through the window.
     "stay right there eddie kaspbrak!" his mother shouted. "i'm coming down to get you!"
     "fuck," eddie snarled under his breath before taking off as fast as he could towards richie's house.
     eddie and richie collided two blocks from each boy's house.
     "can we go to your house?" eddie asked right as richie cried, "where's your jacket eds?!"
      "don't worry about me, let's just go to your house ok?" eddie asked, peering over his shoulder. there was no sight of his mother.
     richie nodded, and they began to jog home.
     when the arrived, richie was quick to wrap eddie up in a quilt and afghan.
     "i'm fine 'chee, really. i wasn't even that cold," eddie reassured richie repeated.
     "i don't want you to get hurt again eddie," richie admitted quietly. "it would be my fault. again..."
     eddie's hands immediately went to cup richie's face. he quickly wiped away the tears that formed in richie's eyes.
     "nothing was your fault. nothing. ok honey? we're both totally fine," eddie cooed softly, using his thumbs to turn richie's lips up in a smile.
     richie giggled through his tears.
     eddie smiled brightly. "see? it's not so bad, is it?"
     richie nuzzled into eddie's hands. "i'm so glad you're ok. i couldn't have lived without you."
     "oh, richie, don't talk like that. you'd have been totally fine," eddie said quickly, looking down.
     richie shook his head stubbornly. "no, no. i wouldn't have stayed if you weren't here with me."
     richie squeezed his eyes shut, burying his head the the crook of eddie's neck. "i'm sorry," he sniffled.
     eddie patted his hair. "shh, you know i love you. let's just try to sleep, ok?"
     they leaned back onto richie's bed. both boys fell asleep almost immediately.