bb

i rushed into eddie's hospital room. he had his eyes closed and he was so pale.
i crept over to his bed and sat down beside him, brushing my fingers across his face.
his eyes slowly blinked open.
"richie?" he asked, looking up at me with pure awe.
i couldn't help but grin at him. "hey eddie spaghetti."
he rolled his eyes playfully. "don't call me that 'chee." his voice sounded rough.
tears filled my eyes but i quickly blinked them back.
it was eddie's turn to caress my face this time.
"what's wrong?" he asked, worry seeping through his tone.
"i left you there eds... alone. in the dark without anybody." a few tears escaped my closed eyes.
"richie, please. don't be upset with yourself," he pleaded softly.
i let out a small sob. eddie wrapped his arms around me, letting me lay beside him. we curled up together on his small bed.
"don't cry. it's ok. i'm ok. everything is ok!" eddie cooed.
i sniffled and nodded. "i know."
"so don't cry," eddie told me softly. "there's nothing to cry about."
"you're right. i'm sorry."
"no, you don't have to apologize, silly goose."
i snickered through my tears. "silly goose? that's new."
he shrugged. "you call me eddie spaghetti all the time, so i had to think of something for you."
it was silent for a moment.
"richie?"
"yes eds?" i asked.
"what are we?" he breathed, almost like he was scared to ask.
"what do you want to be?" i inquired, biting back a smirk.
he mumbled something under his breath, too quiet for me to hear.
"what was that? i couldn't quite catch it."
"i want to be your boyfriend," he whispered shakily.
my heart soared. "really?!" i asked excitedly.
he nodded, his face as red as a tomato. "b-but i mean if you don't, that's ok," he said, rushing through his words.
"eds..."
"yes?" he squeaked.
"i love you."
i pressed my lips gently to his. it lasted mere seconds, but eddie pulled away gasping, his face turning even redder. his heart monitor began beeping faster.
eddie giggled, blushing madly, and threw the pillow over his face.
i sat up on the bed so i was looking down on eddie.
i cleared my throat. "knock knock," i said, tapping on the pillow.
"who's there?" eddie's muffled voice asked.
"richie."
"richie who?" he asked with a giggle.
"richie 'i want to fucking kiss your lips' tozier."
eddie removed the pillow from over his face. "i thought it was richie 'trashmouth' tozier," he said, smirking.
"yeah, yeah. that too."
i brought my lips down to his again, savoring the moment. his soft lips were intoxicating. it was hard to break apart.
eddie smiled up at me, a cute, rosy blush across his cheeks.
"eds!" i said excitedly.
"'chee!" he said, just as excited.
"move back to califorina with me!"
"i- wha- really? you want me to go with you?"
"yes, eds, please. i already had to leave you twice. please, don't make it a third. i can't live without you."
his grin spread across his whole face. "of course i'll go with you 'chee!"
i engulfed him in a hug. "thank you eds!"
he clung to me, burying his face in my chest. "hey 'chee?"
"yes?"
"don't leave ok?" and with that he closed his eyes and fell asleep. i later learned it was because of the pain medication he was given by the doctor.

One week later

"i'm so excited!" eddie squeaked, gripping my hand tightly.
we had just gotten into a taxi, headed to my apartment from the airport.
i smiled. "me too eds. me too. i'm glad you said yes to come live with me."
"i couldn't go back to new york. there's too much there for me. but not enough friends." he winked at me.
i chuckled, wrapping my arm around him shoulders, before placing a kiss on his forehead.
"i love you," i whispered in his ear.
"i love you more."

i unlocked my apartment, gesturing eddie inside. "this is it!"
"richie, this place is absolutely huge!" eddie exclaimed.
     i chuckled. he looked like a kid in a candy shop; he couldn't keep his eyes on one place.
     i walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist and leaning my head on his shoulder. he placed his cheek against mine and brushed his fingers through my hair. i sighed, content.
     "i love you richie," he whispered.
     "i love you too eddie." i pecked his cheek. "are you tired?"
     "yeah, a little bit," he answered.
     "do you want to go to sleep?" i asked him.
     he nodded. "but i don't wanna stop looking at you."
     i giggled. "well, let's get you in bed, and you can look at me there, ok?"
     he hummed and nodded. "sounds like a deal."
     i handed him a set of pajamas, and he walked into the bathroom to get dressed.
     i sat on my bed, waiting for him to come back, which he did a few minutes later. he all but flopped into my arms.
     i held him tightly, pressing him to my chest. he let out a content sigh.
     "thanks for taking me with you 'chee," he murmured after a moment of silence.
     i swallowed. "i couldn't lose you again," i shakily whispered, blinking back the tears that threatened to spill over my eyelids.
     he wrapped his arms around my stomach, hugging me back. he was clearly at a loss of words.
     "are you ready for bed?" i asked him.
     he nodded. "can we sleep in your bed?" he whispered.
     "of course we can silly," i told him, ruffling his short hair.
     he giggled and laid back on my bed.
     "don't you want a blanket?" i asked.
     his eyes were already closed. "i just want you to lay with me."
     i laid down beside him, wrapping an arm around him. i stared at him for a moment, biting my lip.
     "you can kiss me if you wanna," eddie breathed.
     and i did.