nn

mike sat alone in the restaurant, waiting impatiently for his friends to show up.
his face broke into a happy grin when bill walked into the private room. his long dirty blond hair was pulled into a ponytail; his broad shoulders held mike to his chest in a tight embrace.
"h-hi mike!" he said happily. "how are y-you?"
"i'm great big bill, how are you?"
bill paused. "i'm g-good. i'm g-good, thanks."
      the two men sat talking, breaking off when ben, bev, and richie walked in.
     they all wrapped each other in tight hugs, now only waiting for eddie and stanley.
mike's phone rang, and he answered it. "hello?"
he paused for a moment, listening to the voice.
"oh my god, i'm so sorry to hear that!"
the four others sat staring confusedly at mike, who hung up the phone.
mike swallowed thickly. "that was mrs. uris... stanley killed himself."
     bill gasped. "w-what, why?" he cried.
     mike wrapped his arms around his shoulders. "he was scared, he knew we couldn't do this without him..."
     "so he left," ben finished.
     eddie chose this moment to walk in. "sorry guys, i spent ten fucking minutes looking for this place."
     richie snorted through the tears in his eyes.
     mike gave him a tight lipped smile. "well, you're here now."
      "what's wrong?" eddie asked; he could feel the tension in the air.
     "stanley killed himself," bev told eddie solemnly.
     eddie's mouth dropped open with an audible pop. "oh my god..."
     he shakily sat down beside richie, making a double take, just now realizing who he was. his favorite comedian. of course richie was a comedian. the top comedian of comedians.
     he hadn't realized he was staring at richie until richie looked down at him. eddie quickly looked down at the table, blushing madly.
the rest of the loser's continued to talk, and richie tried to shake off the strange feeling he got when eddie looked at him.
he and bill ended up in an arm wrestling contest after their third or fourth beer, neither could remember. richie was just about to beat bill; the loser's were all cheering him on.
"let's take off our shirts and kiss!" eddie exclaimed drunkenly.
richie froze, and in that moment, bill gained the upper hand, and richie lost.
he stared up at eddie with wide eyes, blushing madly. eddie's face was red as well, but thankfully, only richie seemed to have heard him.
as it turned out, all the loser's except mike were staying at the derry hotel on main street. they all walked there together; mike went to his house with a joyous "good night!" to the five of them.
richie and eddie walked behind the other three, who seemed to be wrapped up in a conversation about the ending of bill's book.
"it wasn't that bad," bev consoled bill.
"yeah, she's right. it was shit," ben told bill.
"hey!" bill exclaimed, laughing.
ben took off running, bill hot on his heels. bev began jogging after them.
"you remember what you said at the restaurant?" richie asked eddie, raising his eyebrow.
eddie blushed darkly. "y-yeah..."
the two continued to walk in silence for a moment.
"i might take you up on that offer," he said smoothly.
"haha," eddie laughed sarcastically, still blushing. "look at you, being a comedian on and off stage."
"i'm serious," richie told him quietly, his voice low.
eddie crossed his arms, slowing his pace and stopping, before looking up at richie. "you, sir, are a comedian, how am i supposed to believe you?" he asked huffily. "how do i know you're not just joking?"
"you seem to talk about me being a comedian a lot. do you watch me every night?" he asked, batting his eyelashes.
eddie was not going to admit that to him, no matter how true it was. "no!"
richie chuckled, then looked down at eddie's lips. he slowly bent down and connected their lips together.
eddie's heart began doing somersaults in his chest, and for a moment, he was lost in the bliss. but this was wrong! he had a wife back home, waiting for him!
still, richie's touch was soft and loving, not at all like myra's. myra's was usually just a rough peck; nothing exciting, nothing like this.
before eddie knew it, he had his arms wrapped around richie's neck, refusing to let him break the kiss. eddie hadn't realized how much he wanted this, how much he needed this.
a sudden thrashing in the woods made them break apart quickly; they both nearly fell off the sidewalk.
richie pushed eddie behind him as the rustling got closer and closer.
to both men's surprise, a small pomeranian trotted out of the woods. it sat down right at richie's feet.
"awh," eddie cooed, giggling slightly.
richie bent down to pet it, but it growled and snapped at his fingers.
eddie yanked him away from it. "what are you doing?" he cried. "that thing could give you rabies!"
richie stared at him for a minute, seeming confused. "i love you eddie kaspbrak."
eddie was slightly taken aback; he hadn't talked to this boy in almost thirty years. he finally decided that richie was drunk, and hadn't meant to say it.
"ok richie," he whispered. "let's get to the hotel now."
"don't you love me?" he asked sadly.
eddie bit his lips. yes. "richie i think you're drunk."
"oh..." he sounded like he was going to cry.
eddie took richie's hand in his, and they began walking together. eddie felt guilty; he should've just told richie he loved him too, but it was too late now.
"you can stay with me tonight if you'd like," eddie offered richie.
richie perked up, smiling. "really?"
"of course 'chee."
the two of them walked back to the hotel, and then to eddie's room. eddie flopped down on his bed, too tired to bother taking off his clothes.
richie chuckled, and pulled eddie's shoes off for him and then his own.
richie laid down beside eddie, hugging him tightly to his chest.

the first thing out of richie's mouth in the morning was "i love you eddie kaspbrak," just to prove to eddie that he hadn't been drunk, and did, indeed, love him.
eddie giggled before pressing his lips to richie's.
"i love you too, richie tozier."