ff

part two of ee.

     i woke up to the shrill ringing of my cellphone. i groaned and rolled over, fumbling around to find my phone.
     i squinted, looking at the contact information. it was bill.
     i quickly answer.
     "hello?" i asked, my voice cracking.
     "r-richie, did you just wake u-up?" bill asked me. i could hear the grin on his face.
     i cleared my throat. "no."
     "it's one p.m. 'chee," bill chuckled.
     "yeah no shit," i muttered, stretching out, rolling over to look at eddie, who was still fast asleep. "what's up?"
     "i w-was wondering if you and e-eddie wanted to go on a d-double d-date with me and stanley?"
     i grinned. "that sounds great. what were you guys thinking?"
     "w-well i was thinking about getting takeout and ordering a m-movie, but st-stanley wanted to go to the park and w-watch the b-birds."
     "why don't we meet at the park, grab some food when we leave, then watch a movie at one of our houses?"
     "oh. that's s-smart r-richie."
     i giggled. "thanks big bill. what time were you thinking?"
     "i'll take s-stanley to the park to see the b-birds. do you guys w-want to meet us at four th-thirty?"
     "sounds like a plan!"
     "g-great, buh-bye r-richie!"
     "bye big bill."
     i rolled back over, throwing my arm around eddie and pulling him to my chest.
     "who was that 'chee?" he asked me. his voice was still so rough from crying yesterday.
"bill. he was asking us if we wanted to go on a double date with him and stanley. i said yes. is that ok?"
a soft smile played at his lips. "i like that idea," he whispered.
"are you still sleepy?" i questioned, scooting closer to him.
"nah, i'm all right," he reassured me, but ended his sentence by yawning.
"come on eds, we were up late last night. another hour of sleep won't kill us."
"oh, all right," he sighed, his eyebrows pinching together. "just be sure we don't over sleep."
"i've already set an alarm."
"wow, impressive."
we both giggled.
i pressed my lips to eddie's, enjoying the surprised gasp from eddie.
"go back to sleep," i whispered when i finally pulled away.
he smiled up at me before closing his eyes. "i love you 'chee."
     "i love you too baby."

     eddie and i both groaned when my phone went off again at two thirty. i fumbled around, turning it off.
     "ok, so i told bill we'd meet them at four thirty. that's two hours," i told eddie.
     "ok, i've got to shower," eddie said, stretching out.
     he climbed out from under the blankets and stood up. i tried to conceal my blush when i noticed eddie's shortest pair of red shorts riding up his thin, pale thighs.
     "o-ok, have fun," i stuttered.
     he laughed. "i will."
i didn't move from my bed in the half hour eddie was in the shower. instead, i scrolled through instagram, liking all of my friends recent posts.
eddie scoffed as he walked out of my bathroom. "have you even moved since i left you?" he giggled.
"nope," i said, popping the 'p'.
he chuckled, walking over to his draw. i started letting eddie keep some clothes at my house just in case his mom ever did what she did yesterday. kicking him out for literally nothing.
"richie!"
i snapped out of my thoughts. "yes eds?"
his slightly annoyed face broke into a grin when he heard my aloof voice.
"which shirt?" he held up a lilac polo and a cropped, striped rainbow sweater.
i bit my lip, debating. "the sweater," i finally decided.
eddie grinned. "thanks!" he said, pulling it over his head.
now it was my turn to get dressed. i chose a plain white t-shirt, a light blue button up, and black ripped jeans, which i cuffed.
i checked my watch. it was three forty five, and it would take us a good half hour to walk to the park.
"you ready eds?"
"yes!" he said excitedly, and with that, we left my house, hand in hand.
     eddie and i talked animatedly about everything on the way to the park, before eddie spotted the two boys and began running towards them. i followed suit.
     "hi richie, hey eds!" stanley said excitedly, not looking up from his notebook.
     bill just waved, he usually chose not to talk if he didn't have to, which was understandable with his stutter and all.
     "so what were we thinking for after the park?" i asked, not caring who answered.
     "we're gonna call in chinese on the way home, run to redbox, then pick up the food and head to bill's house," stanley informed me, finally looking up from his notebook and smiling at eddie and i.
     "sounds good," i said, flashing a thumbs up.
     "ok, i'm ready when you guys are," stanley told us, shutting his notebook and standing up.
     "okie," Eddie said happily, taking my hand in his.
     "can w-we get a s-scary m-movie?" bill asked us.
     stanley and i instantly agreed, and the three of us turned to look at eddie.
     "sure, i guess," he whimpered.
     we began walking away, and stanley called in food. he ordered fried rice and vegetables for himself, sushi for bill, egg rolls and wanton soup for me, and a salad for eddie, the vegetarian. he also ordered us four fortune cookies.
then, we went to redbox, searching the horror section. we decided on the grunge. bill paid with his card and we began walking towards the restaurant.
the food was ready when we got there, so all we had to do was pay.
we walked out with 'thank you's to the lady at the counter, then began walking towards bill's house.
"y-you guys are o-ok if we stay at m-my house r-right?" bill asked us.
"yes, bill," eddie reassured him.
"of course big bill, you're house is my favorite."
     we all laughed at my comment as we walked up bill's driveway and into his house.