eee

ngl i'm really not a big fan of this one BUT WE HIT 4K READS OMG

     "richie i'm so cold," eddie mumbled from under five or six blankets.
     "i know baby boy, i'm so sorry," richie said softly. "the medicine the doctor gave you should kick in soon. and... i'm sorry i made you leave the house without a jacket for a loser's club snowball fight..."
     eddie couldn't help but giggle slightly. "it was fun while it lasted," he chattered.
     richie smiled down at eddie. "do you want me to leave eds? i know you're tired, fevers wear you out," richie whispered.
     "no," eddie whined. "i want you to stay here with me. and cuddle."
     richie was slightly taken aback. eddie wasn't much of a cuddler. he figured it must be the medicine talking.
     "oh, ok eds," he sighed, unable to say no to the boy. "let me run to my house and get some clothes, ok?"
     eddie nodded and richie left.

     yesterday morning, after a night full of snow, richie knocked excitedly on eddie's window. eddie opened it, bleary eyed.
"come on! it's a snow day!" richie squealed excitedly. be began tugging eddie out the window.
eddie, still half asleep, didn't process what was going on. "i need shoes!" he cried.
    he slipped on his converse quickly before richie drug him out through the window.
eddie wore only a white thermal shirt and plaid pajama pants; the snow had already seeped through the holes in his converse.
he wasn't even cold, not until the snowball hit him square in the face. he want sprawling backwards into the cold snow. he looked up at richie, who had his hands over his mouth.
"i'm so sorry eds!" he cried.
eddie quickly threw snow into richie's face, hopping to his feet. adrenaline pulsed through his body, covering his coldness, as he ran from richie.
they ran to bill's house, where he and georgie were in the process of building a snowman. richie and eddie immediately began to help.
"e-e-eddie, don't you n-need a j-jacket?" bill asked him worriedly.
that's when the cold had set in. he looked down at his bare hands which were pale; his fingertips blue. "oh, i forgot!" he said, trying to hide his fear.
"h-here, let me g-go find you a j-jacket!" bill exclaimed, running toward the house.
richie bit his lip, looking down at eddie. "sorry love," he mumbled softly. "i was a little excited."
eddie giggled. "it's ok-kay," he chattered.

this led them to the present situation; richie had ran to the pharmacy the following morning after taking one look at eddie.
he was burning with fever, along with chills and nasal congestion. luckily, mr. keene had exactly what eddie needed.
richie had brought it back to eddie and gave the bitter medication to the smaller boy.

     finally, richie returned back to eddie's house with a spending the night bag.
eddie grinned tiredly and scooted over to allow richie room on his bed.
     richie flopped down beside eddie, pulling the cold boy into his chest. eddie shivered, thankful for the warmth richie emitted.
     both quickly fell asleep.

     eddie woke up with a spurt of energy, feeling awake for the first time in the past twenty four hours.
     he stretched out, groaning slightly at how tight his muscles felt.
     richie blinked awake. "you ok eds?" he yawned. "feeling any better?"
     eddie nodded. "a lot better."
     richie chuckled. "good, i can finally kiss you now."
     richie slid over eddie, straddling his waist, before cupping the smaller boy's face in his hands. richie leaned down before pressing his lips softly against eddie's.
     richie tangled his fingers through eddie's hair; he moaned and blushed madly. eddie quickly wrapped his arms around richie's neck, not allowing him to break the kiss.
     a knock on eddie's door sent them flying apart.
     "get under my bed," eddie hissed.
     richie complied.
     eddie cleared his throat. "c-come in!" he called.
     richie watched as sonja's slippered feet walked in to eddie's bedroom. "how are you feeling eddie bear?" she asked him sweetly.
     "i feel a lot better mommy," he reassured her.
     richie could hear how bad eddie's voice shook as he spoke, and hatred boiled through his veins. he hated that woman for making eddie scared.
     "are you sure? you look a little flushed."
     richie clapped his hands over his mouth to stop his laughter.
     eddie took a shaky breath. "y-yeah, i'm f-fine," he squeaked.
     "well, come on, you need to get up and eat some breakfast, this snow should melt tomorrow so you can go back to school."
     eddie followed his mother with a sigh, and shut the door tightly behind him.
richie crawled out from under the bed before flopping onto the mattress, closing his eyes again.
when he woke up thirty minutes later, eddie was standing over him, holding a plate of toast and eggs.
"here," he said, blushing and holding the plate out to richie.
richie grinned his thanks before scarfing down the burning hot food.
"jeez 'chee," eddie chuckled.
"oh, shut up piggy, at least i don't have a belly like you."
eddie gasped in fake anger and crossed his arms over his chest. "you're an ass... but at least mine doesn't jiggle," he giggled.
richie finished his plate in record breaking time.
"wanna go to my house? we can play video games," richie pleaded, using his best puppy dog face.
eddie couldn't say no to the boy, and agreed. "fine, but as long as we can pick up where we left off afterwards," he mused.
richie's jaw dropped open. "r-really?"
eddie snickered. "yeah, you kiss good."
richie positively beamed, his face as red as a tomato. "th-thanks..."
after richie was positive eddie was dressed warm enough, they left for richie's house, leaving via window. this time, eddie was dressed his two of his jackets; he couldn't move great, but at least richie was content.
the two boys went up to richie's room, where richie proceeded to insert frogger into the television.
richie handed eddie a controller and they began to play.
"loser has to strip!" richie announced.
"what?!" eddie cried as he watched richie purposely lose. "oh..." now, the were picking up where they left off.