pp

how would you guys feel about a wizarding it au? (low key like harry potter). 

stanley woke up with eddie still wrapped in his arms, still sleeping peacefully.
he slowly removed his arms from around eddie, not wanting it to seem awkward when he finally awoke.
     eddie's eyes almost instantly blinked open. "what's wrong?" he asked stanley shakily.
     "n-nothing," stanley said quickly. "i just- i didn't want it to be awkward when you woke up..."
     to stanley's surprise, eddie smiled. it was soft and not a super happy smile, but it was still a smile. that was good enough for stanley.
"you can still hold me. i don't think it's awkward," eddie mumbled, closing his eyes again.
stanley immediately wrapped his arms around eddie again, pulling him back to his chest. eddie sighed, content.
"thanks," he breathed.
"of course," stanley responded.
stanley listened to eddie's breathing slow down as he did the night before. when he was sure eddie was asleep once again, he began singing softly to eddie, brushing his fingers through eddie's hair, and gently tracing eddie's facial features.
it was about an hour later when eddie reopened his eyes. he was shocked to find stanley still staring at him with those soft hazel puppy dog eyes of his.
"are you ok?" he asked stanley.
stanley smiled; eddie's breath caught in his throat.
"don't you think i should be asking you that question?" stanley asked the shorter boy.
     eddie shrugged, closing his eyes yet again as stanley cupped eddie's face in his hands. eddie nuzzled into his soft caress.
     "are you ok?" stanley asked quietly after a moment.
     eddie bit his lip. "i don't- i'm not sure stan," he whispered, tears pricking his eyes.
     stanley held eddie in a tight embrace as eddie began to violently sob.
     "i miss him stanley," eddie whimpered. "i don't know- how do i function without him?"
     "it's ok eds, it's ok," stanley reassured him quietly, burying his face in eddie's soft brown hair.
     eddie sniffled, pretending that the arms around him were richie's and not stanley's. but it was hard; stanley was so much more softer than richie was.
     after a few minutes in stanley's embrace, eddie began to relax; he was feeling better. he didn't mind that he was in stanley's arms instead of richie's.
if the roles were reversed, richie probably would have told eddie to "just get over it" and if eddie got upset, richie would play it off as a joke. but not stanley; stanley would let eddie cry for as long as he needed. eddie was thankful for that.
"do you want to do anything today?" stanley asked once eddie's tears had almost completely subsided.
all eddie wanted to do was lay in bed all day, but that wasn't a healthy thing to do.
eddie shrugged. "i dunno. what do you wanna do?"
"how about you take a shower, and i'll go pick us up some donuts for breakfast?" stanley offered. "we can figure something out after that."
eddie nodded in agreement. "ok."
     eddie followed stanley into his bathroom; stanley started the shower for him and laid him out a pair of clothes to change into.
     "thank you," eddie whispered as stanley shut the door.
     "i'll be back soon," he called.
"ok," eddie whispered.
he stepped into the shower, beginning to sob once again. he sank to the floor and curled up into a ball, rocking back and forth, trying in vain to stop the harsh sobs that hurt his chest.
stanley waited impatiently in the line for donuts, but he finally got his order taken.
"hi, what can i get for you?" the barista asked.
"i'll take two chocolate glazed donuts and two large iced coffees, please."
"that'll be thirteen twenty two."
stan paid, and went to wait for his food.
he glanced out the window and gasped aloud. richie was outside, holding a boy's hand. and they were walking towards the coffee shop.
stanley grew angry. how could richie do that? how could he be so happy? eddie had cried half the night over him, and here richie was, with out a care in the world.
"order for stanley!" somebody working behind the counter called out.
stanley flipped the hood of his sweatshirt up and grabbed his belonging. he walked out of the shop and purposely ran right into richie.
the raven haired boy stumbled back, but stanley kept his head down, a small, angry smile forming at his lips.
"watch it," richie snapped, not realizing it was his friend.
stanley didn't respond, he just kept walking with his head down until he reached his house.
he walked up to his room; eddie was sitting on his bed, his eyes red and his hair still wet. he'd been crying.
stanley sat the food down on his desk, then he sat down beside eddie, wrapping him up in a hug.
"i'm sorry stanley," eddie mumbled embarrassingly into his chest.
"for what?" stanley asked gently.
"i've been crying a lot, it's stupid, you're- you're probably tired of me," eddie sniffled, a few more tears leaking from his eyes.
"oh god no, eds. no. it's ok, it's ok to be sad, that's natural. and i'm not tired of you, i could never be tired of you, i promise. ok?"
eddie nodded, still clinging to stanley's chest. "thanks," he weakly whispered.
stanley reached over to grab the donuts, handing one to eddie.
"you need to eat something," stanley whispered, holding it to eddie's lips.
eddie softly grabbed it from him; he took a small bite, chewing on it slowly.
he snuggled into stanley's side, laying his head on his shoulder.
"stan..."
"mhm?"
"thank you."
"what for eds?" stanley asked.
"because you're nice to me," eddie breathed.
"oh eds." stanley pulled eddie onto his lap, wrapping his arms around eddie's soft waist.
eddie looked up at him with big, chocolate brown eyes; stanley felt himself getting lost in them.
they stared at each other, the donuts and coffee forgotten.
stanley wanted to say something, but he didn't know what. he opened his mouth.
"i love you eds," he blurted out.
both boys were taken aback; eddie was completely shocked. he didn't know stanley liked him back.
stanley was shocked with himself; eddie had just broken up with his boyfriend yesterday.
"eddie i'm so sorry," he said right as eddie said "i love you too."
"oh," stanley breathed, grinning happily. "really?"
eddie blushed, nodding, before he pressed his lips to stanley's cheek.
eddie smiled to himself; maybe it wasn't so bad that he and richie broke up; at least they were both happy now.