dddd

eddie and richie sat on the smaller boy's twin-sized bed, cuddling. richie sat with his back resting on the headboard with eddie between his legs, who had his back resting on richie's chest. richie held eddie snuggly around the waist, relaxing his chin on eddie's shoulder, mostly so he could whisper dirty thoughts into the other's ear, causing him to blush and squirm.
eddie tried in vain to focus on the movie that the two boys had rented; he'd die if he ended up with a boner. besides, richie did not like him like that.
"stop it 'chee," eddie mumbled softly, trying to remove himself from richie's grasp.
     richie pulled him tighter against his body; eddie tensed, allowing richie to believe he'd stay still now and loosened his grip.
     when he did, eddie bolted away from richie without thought. he went tumbling of the bed.
     he hit the floor with a solid thud, and richie laughed his ass off. eddie began to laugh as well, until he heard his mother's footsteps.
     his face paled, and he looked up at richie with wide eyes. "get in my closet!" he whisper-yelled, grabbing richie off the bed and throwing him into the closet, quickly closing the door.
     richie buried himself under the spare junk on the closet floor as he heard the bedroom door fling open and bounce off the wall.
     "what happened eddie bear?" sonja asked, panic, with a darker undertone, leaking through her voice.
     "i-uhh i rolled out of my bed," eddie told her.
     "ok... and who was laughing?" she asked, growing increasingly angry.
     eddie paused, apparently too long for sonja.
     "is that boy here?" she snarled.
     "his name is richie! and no! he's not. that was me laughing at myself..." eddie knew his mother wasn't buying it.
     "you better stay away from that boy edward. i see the way you look at him-"
     "i'm not gay momma!" eddie nearly yelled, but it didn't mask the shaking of his voice.
     "you will not-" sonja grabbed her son by the arm, pulling him roughly to his feet.
     richie took this time to scoot closer to the door to peer through the crack. he suppressed a gasp.
     "-speak to your mother that way!" and with that, sonja drew her hand back and slapped it across eddie's face.
     richie clapped both of his hands over his mouth as eddie's body went rigid and his hands cupped his cheek.
     sonja stared at her son's face, seemingly satisfied with the shocked look on it as tears flooded from his eyes.
     she stormed out of his room, calling over her shoulder. "you are to not come out of your room tomorrow! and no food until monday."
     richie's mouth dropped open. it was only friday. surely she had to give eddie something to eat.
     but as the door slammed shut, and the audible click of the lock turning from outside of the room rang out into the deathly silence, richie came to realize that sonja was being serious. that must have been why eddie had lost so much weight recently.
     speaking of, his eyes snapped back to eddie, who had sank to the floor, shaking with body-wrenching sobs.
     richie scrambled out of the closet, grabbing eddie and pulling him into his lap.
     "i'm sorry! i'm sorry 'chee, i'm so sorry," eddie sobbed, clinging to his oversized t-shirt.
    "eds, baby, why are you sorry?" richie cooed, rubbing the smaller boy's back.
     "i d-didn't want you to f-find out that w-way," eddie cried.
     richie paused for a minute, confused. "ohhh," he finally said. "that you're gay?" he asked softly.
     eddie sobbed, nodding.
     "hey. hey, eds, it's ok. i don't care who you love," richie soothed.
     "but, i-i love y-you," eddie whimpered, waiting for richie to explode. to yell. to tell him that he was a worthless faggot.
     but he didn't.
     instead, richie smiled. he smiled. "oh, honey," he said, barely suppressing a giggle. "i knew you were a little oblivious, but i didn't know it was that bad."
     eddie's eyebrows scrunched together.
     richie took in the confused expression on his eddie's face. "oh eds. i love you too," he explained quietly.
     eddie didn't allow himself to smile. "really?" he asked, nearly breaking down again.
     richie realized this. "yes eds, i really do." he stood to his feet, cradling the other boy against his chest.
     eddie sank into richie's grasp, sobbing again.
     "shh, eds, it's ok baby." richie sat eddie down on the bed; he curled up into a tight ball, looking up at richie with big, brown eyes.
     a bright red hand print could already be seen forming across his pale cheek. richie caressed it softly, sliding into the small bed beside his friend.
     eddie pressed himself against richie; the taller boy wrapped his arms around eddie, holding him close and eddie began to softly cry once again.
     "baby," richie soothed. "talk to me."
     "i w-wasn't ready to t-tell you. i didn't want to tell you... i'm sorry."
     "eds. eddie baby, breathe. it's ok. you know i love you. and that i'll always love you."
      eddie continued to cry.
     "would you like to come out again?" richie asked.
     "really?"
     "yeah. if you wanna," richie told him.
     eddie smiled softly to himself, grabbing richie's hand in his own. richie ran his thumb over eddie's knuckles reassuringly.
     "richie, i have something to tell you," eddie raggedly whispered.
     "hmm?" richie hummed.
     "i like boys. i'm gay," eddie whispered.
     "me too," richie breathed with a small smile.
     "oh... that feels a lot better," eddie whispered with a nod.
     richie snickered before becoming serious again. "you do know that i'll always be here for you, no matter what right?"
     eddie nodded. "i know. thanks richie." he snuggled closer to richie, closing his eyes.
     "was your mom being serious when she said no food?" richie asked the darkness after a few minutes.
     eddie slowly and tiredly nodded. "probably. but i'll be ok. she didn't let me eat for a whole week on time, two days are nothing-" he cut himself off. "i wasn't supposed to tell you that," he mumbled, his voice cracking.
     "oh god eds," richie groaned, pulling eddie into a hug. "i'm going to get you out of here, i swear."
     "pinky promise?" he murmured, holding out his finger.
     richie connected his with eddie's. "yes."
     eddie smiled. "thank you." he yawned.
     "go to sleep honey," richie told him gently, brushing his fingers through his hair.
     eddie nuzzled into richie's touch. "m'kay." his eyes fluttered closed.
     richie pressed his forehead to eddie's, closing his eyes. "i love you baby boy."
     he kissed the tip of eddie's nose, before he too closed his eyes.