mmmm

⚠️TRANSGENDER SLUR and a lot of abuse towards a trans man⚠️
also i'd just like to say that no matter what's in your pants, you're valid in whatever gender, or no gender, you're most comfortable with.

     richie stood outside the boy's locker room, biting his fingernails, waiting impatiently for all the real boys to change. they walked out in a large group, all talking and laughing loudly. he slipped in behind them.
     there was one thing richie had not been prepared for- henry bowers and his wild group of heathens.
they stayed in the locker room, curious as to why the strange boy never changed in front of the others.
richie walked into the room, stripping from his sweaty gym clothes. underneath, visible to everybody richie didn't realize were in the room, were four sports bras, flattening and reducing his chest.
henry and belch made eye contact.
"it's a tranny!" belch mouthed.
henry held a finger up to his lips and he silently sauntered over to richie. he crept behind the younger boy unannounced and unnoticed.
henry slammed his hands against the lockers on either side of richie, blocking him in.
richie spun around at the sudden noise, coming face to face with henry bowers. he gave a squeak of terror.
"is that a fucking bra?" henry spat.
richie quickly pulled the t-shirt gripped in his hands over his head. "n-no!" he exclaimed, loudly and quickly. "it's-it's uhh-"
henry pushed richie into the lockers, the heel of his hand pressing into richie's sternum.
"you're not a pretty little girl, are you?" henry breathed in richie's ear.
richie violently shook his head no. "no, i'm not!"
"prove it," belch demanded, sliding beside henry.
"what?" richie cried, still struggling to remove himself from henry's grasp.
"pull down your pants, and fucking prove it!" henry snapped. "what are you, deaf?"
"i don't have to do anything!" richie snarled angrily.
"fine, we'll do this the hard way!"
with a snap of his fingers, henry's posse surrounded richie. they began pawing at richie's gym shorts, slowly pulling them lower and lower.
"what the fuck is wrong with you guys?!" richie screamed as he began to cry. "let me go!"
they older boys didn't listen, and they all gasped when they pulled down richie's pants.
"i told you it was a fucking tranny!" belch cawed to henry.
henry scoffed. "it's not like i doubted you." he turned to look at richie. "you're a freak. go back to the girls locker room, where you belong."
henry spat on richie before he walked out of the locker room; his blokes followed him.
richie yanked his gym shorts back up, sinking to the floor. he began to sob harshly.

eddie glanced around the over-crowded lunchroom.
"r-relax eds, h-he probably just lost t-track of the t-time trying to out-s-shoot coach r-ramsley again," bill consoled the small boy.
eddie bit his lip. "i don't know. something feels wrong." he pressed his aspirator to his lips, triggering the black licorice-tasting air.
"wait a few more minutes, ok? if sh- sorry, i mean he's not back by then, i'll go help you find him, ok?" mike offered.
eddie nodded. "ok. thanks mikey."
"still struggling with those new pronouns mike?" stanley asked him.
"yeah, a lot. how'd you guys accommodate so quick?"
"rich's been out to me for a long time. i called him by he/him pronouns for a really long time," eddie told them.
"i think before i speak," bev chimed in.
stanley nodded along. "so do i. i put myself in his shoes, i'd hate for my friends to misgender me."
mike looked down at the table, heat rising in his cheeks.
"oh, don't beat yourself up mike!" ben consoled him. "personally, when i'm talking about someone who's pronouns i'm worried of getting wrong, i try not to mention pronouns at all. i call them by their name instead."
"y-yeah. richie knows you've been t-trying your b-best! you just need t-time."
eddie agreed. "believe me mike, he's my boyfriend. he really knows you're trying. he's not mad at you, ok?"
mike nodded, smiling. "yeah. let's go find him."
they stood up from the lunch table and began walking towards the gym.
"let's check the gymnasium first," mike said, walking towards it.
"ok, i'm right behind you." eddie bent down to tie his shoelace.
mike went ahead without eddie, and as he tied his shoe, the bower's gang walked out of the locker room.
that meant nothing good. eddie waited until they were out of sight before he ran into the locker room.
he heard richie crying before he saw him. the lanky boy sat defeatedly in front of his locker, head between his knees and sobbing like there's no tomorrow.
eddie threw himself to the ground in front of him. "bubba, what happened?" he asked softly.
"they-they found out that i'm- that i'm trans!" richie wailed.
"oh bubs, i'm so fucking sorry. what happened?"
"they h-hid in here while i c-changed... and they saw my bras. th-then they-" richie barely spoke above a whisper, forcing eddie to lean in closer to be able to hear. "they pulled my pants down."
"they what?" eddie screamed.
richie flinched back, his fingers tightening in his hair.
as he began to cry harder, eddie sat back on his heels in shock. did it really matter that fucking much what was in his boyfriends pants?
his eyes flickered up to richie, who seemed to be hyperventilating.
"rich, can you look at me?" he asked his boyfriend softly.
richie shook his head no. "i c-can't."
eddie wrapped his fingers around richie's wrists. "please? for me?" he gently begged.
richie barely lifted his head; just enough to make eye contact with eddie.
eddie gave him the softest, most reassuring smile he could muster. "it's ok now. i won't let them near you ever again, ok?"
"what if they out me? what if they tell everybody i'm actually a girl?" richie's voice cracked with panic.
"then they'd be wrong. because you are very much a boy to me," eddie calmed him.
"but i don't have a dick," richie said sadly.
eddie snorted. "my prince, you don't need to have a penis to be a man, just like you don't have to have a vagina to be a woman. you are who you are, and if you aren't what's in your pants, so be it. you're still valid in my eyes."
richie sobbed softly, burrowing his head into eddie's chest, throwing his arms around him in the process. "i really needed that right now. thanks."
eddie hugged him back, burying his face in richie's soft hair. "it's the truth, you know that. come on, we've only got two more classes, then it's the weekend. we can do whatever you want tonight."
richie smiled against eddie's collarbone. "anything i want?"
"within reason, but yes, anything you want."
"well, i want to kiss you tonight, but i don't really feel like waiting..."
eddie rolled his eyes. "you're so cliche," he muttered before slamming their lips together.