tt

eddie laid in his bed silently, staring up at his ceiling, tears leaking from his eyes. he hated his life. he hated everything. everything but richie that is.
he had gotten in to yet another fight with his mother; she had told him she wished he was dead. little did she know, he wished he was dead too.
     eddie wasn't even sure what time it was; yesterday, when he had stormed into his room, it was dusk. it was either still dusk or he had laid in bed, unmoving, for twenty four hours.
     richie, on the other hand, was worried sick about eddie. eddie hadn't been at school today, and he wouldn't answer his calls. ms. kaspbrak had answered his fourth call, and told him rudely to stop calling, that eddie didn't want to talk to him.
     he had immediately called bev, who tried to reassure him, telling richie eddie was probably sick. she said wait one more day and see if he heard from eddie, and to only worry if he didn't hear from him.
     richie complied.
     eddie dozed on and off through the night and well into the morning. when he finally rolled out of bed, he stumbled to the bathroom, turning on the sink and drinking directly from it.
     he sat down on the floor, his stomach growling loudly, but he refused to leave his room. he didn't want to see his mother.
     he closed his eyes again, trying not to cry. he didn't want to be here, and he finally decided to do something about it.
     he got back onto his feet, grabbing random bottles of pills. he fixed himself a cup of water. he swallowed a handful of pills, then did it two more times.
     he went to lay down on his bed, and closed his eyes once again.
     richie had been home from school for almost two hours, and he still hadn't heard from eddie. he sighed, standing up to leave his house.
     "i'll be back soon mom," he called. he received no answer.
     he walked towards eddie's house quickly, crouching down low so ms. k wouldn't see him through the window. he grabbed the old wooden ladder and placed it under eddie's window.
     he climbed up it quickly, peering through eddie's closed window. eddie laid there on his bed, unmoving.
     richie knocked on the window; eddie didn't move at all. that was strange.
     richie had a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach, and he knocked a bit louder.
     there was still no answer. richie panicked and began prying the window open. he finally had it open wide enough to slip through it.
     he slid silently into the room, making a beeline for eddie.
     he let out a small gasp. eddie was just laying there, sweat beading on his forehead and breathing shallowly.
     he looked sick but richie wasn't sure that was really the case.
     "eddie," he whispered.
     the shorter boy didn't move.
    "eddie!" richie said, louder this time, placing his hand on his shoulder. "please wake up!" he begged.
     richie rushed into the bathroom, planing on wetting a washcloth- it worked in movies- but the sight he saw made him stop in his tracks. there were four or five completely empty bottles of pills spread across eddie's counter.
     "oh shit," richie breathed to himself, rushing back over to eddie.
     richie straddled eddie's waist, cupping his sweaty face.
     "eddie honey, it's richie. if you can hear me, i really need you to open your eyes." richie's voice cracked. "please eds."
     eddie still didn't move, but his breath seemed to hitch in his throat.
     "god dammit eddie, please! you can't fucking leave me!" richie screamed, not caring if his mother heard or not. "i love you!"
     eddie's eyes slowly opened, and richie began sobbing.
     "rich-ie?" eddie asked weakly.
     richie quickly scooped eddie up in his arms, trying not to wince at how light eddie was, and whisked him to the bathroom. he sat eddie down in front of the toilet.
     "i need you to gag yourself," richie demanded.
     eddie looked up at him, dazed.
     "i'm serious eds, i will take you to the hospital to get your stomach pumped. i swear to god."
     eddie realized he was serious; he stuck his finger down his throat, and he began vomiting up the pills he'd taken earlier.
     richie had the strange feeling this wasn't the first time eddie had made himself vomit, but he shook it off as he wet a washcloth and wiped eddie's mouth with it when he was done vomiting.
    eddie already looked a lot better; his eyes weren't dull anymore and he wasn't sweating bullets either.
     richie picked him up again, carrying him back to his bed. eddie clung to richie, rapidly blinking back tears.
     richie stayed silent, hopping eddie would speak first.
     "i'm sorry 'chee." eddie began sobbing into richie chest, still clinging  to richie's shirt.
     "shh, eds. shh. it's ok. you're ok. everything's ok." richie smoothed eddie's hair.
     eddie continued to sob, but gladly sank into richie's embrace.
     richie leaned back on eddie's bed, allowing eddie to lay his head on richie's chest.
     richie stayed silent as eddie sobbed harshly; he just gently rubbed eddie's back.
     "i'm sorry," eddie cried again. "i don't know what i was thinking, i guess i wasn't, i-"
     richie placed his hand gently over eddie's mouth. "you're rambling love, just breath ok?"
     eddie nodded, tears still leaking from his eyes.
     "just tell me what happened."
     eddie took a deep breath. "my mom and i got into another fight... this was the worst one we've ever had... she told- she said she wished i was dead... i wanted to be dead to 'chee," eddie squeakily admitted before he broke down into sobs once again.
     richie began crying too; if he hadn't come when he did, eddie probably would've- he refused to think the rest of that sentence.
     "you can come live with me! you don't have to talk to her ever again, or see her, or-or-"
     "rich..." eddie whispered.
     "yeah?" he asked nervously.
     "i love you too." eddie's eyes slipped closed.