hhh

"i don't know, i just don't want you hanging out with him anymore," richie's boyfriend told him.
     "but... but connor, eddie's been my best friend, for, well, ever," richie pleaded.
connor sighed angrily, and richie immediately regretted making him mad.
"ok, i'll talk to him!" richie said quickly. he hated when connor was mad at him.
connor smiled happily up at him. "thank you baby!" he pressed his lips to the taller boy's lips.
richie tried to smile. "of course... anything for you my love."
he was already feeling guilty, and he still had to wait until tomorrow to talk to eddie.
"i don't care if you hang out with the rest of your friends, just not that scum," connor explained, snapping richie out of his thoughts.
he is not scum. "o-ok connor. i love you." he stood up to leave, his mind reeling. how in the world was he supposed to stop being friends with eddie without ending his friendship with the rest of the losers?
rumors.

     richie walked up to henry bowers, who gave him a tight lipped smile.
     "hey cousin fucker," he muttered.
     "i need- i need a favor," richie whimpered, hating himself already.
     "what's up?" henry asked, cocking an eyebrow.
     "i need some... rumors spread," richie whispered numbly.
     "what's in it for me?"
     "my pain." richie handed him a piece of paper, filled with the deepest secrets and regrets of eddie kaspbrak.

     eddie ran home in tears that day. somehow, the secrets he had told richie, and only richie, were floating around the school.
     nobody had realized how much he hated his weight, but now he was being fat-shamed ruthlessly. nobody had realized that he'd been battling depression for years, and here he was, being called an attention whore. nobody had fucking realized how much eddie hated himself, and now it was all out in the open.
     nobody had know. except richie. but eddie refused to believe that his best friend would rat him out like that.
     but then how? eddie walked numbly up to his room, closing and locking the door securely behind him.
     he slid down the wall until he was seated on the floor, and broke down into sobs.
     there was one rumor that said eddie only hung out with the loser's club so he could talk about them behind their backs, and when the loser's club heard this, they immediately turned on him, calling him a pig, a freak, an unlovable human being.
     and eddie believed every word. they didn't love him anymore, richie didn't love him anymore, he knew his mom didn't care about him. he was all alone in the world where nobody wanted him, so he chose to do something horrible.
     he killed himself. he slit his wrists in the bathtub, and his mother didn't find him until the next morning when he didn't come down for breakfast.
     she screamed, and she screamed, and she screamed. but her eddie bear wasn't coming back. he was gone. but he was happy.

     richie heard the earth-shattering news at school. he crumpled to the ground, and began to sob.
     connor was at his side in an instant. "what's wrong baby, you did so good."
     "shut- the fuck- up," richie growled through clenched teeth and sobs.
     connor placed his hand on richie's shoulder. "my love-"
     "we are through," richie snarled. "i don't want to see you ever again!"
     he stood up and ran down the hallway, smack into bev.
     her eyes were swimming with tears. "have you- have you heard?" she sobbed.
     "it's- it's true then?" richie squeaked, begging her to start laughing.
     but instead, she nodded. "he-he slit his wrists in the tub. oh, i knew i shouldn't have believed that eddie talked behind our backs," she cried, beginning to sob as well.
     "bev," richie gasped. "i did something bad."
     she looked at him, confused.
     "i-i gave those rumors to hen-henry bowers to sp-spread... this is my fault."
     fire lit up in beverly marsh's eyes. "you did this?" she snarled. "why the hell would you? he was your best friend!"
    "i-i- connor made me!" richie cried.
     "connor didn't make you do anything! last i checked, you were your own person!" bev snapped.
     richie opened and closed his mouth. he was so fucking stupid. "i-"
     "this is your fault," bev cried, turning on her heel and stomping away.
     bev went to the remaining loser's club, who had not yet realized that eddie was gone.
"what's wrong bev?" ben cried as soon as he saw the girl's tear-streaked face.
she plopped down beside him heavily; all the boys eyes were now on her.
"ed-eddie killed himself last n-night," she sobbed.
bill's heart stopped and he began to sob. stanley held bill tightly as tears poured down his own face, mike stared at the wall blankly, and ben wrapped his arm around bev's shoulder.
"w-we should have d-done s-something," bill stuttered between sobs.
"we shouldn't have shunned him like that yesterday," stanley breathed through numb lips.
"richie's the one who spread the rumors," bev muttered angrily.
"i think we all helped spread the rumors by turning our backs on him," mike murmured, tears pricking his eyes.
"i can't believe he's gone..."

richie ran out of the school at the end of the day, ignoring connor's shouts. he killed his best friend.
and now, he couldn't live with himself. he had to make reprimands somehow.
he ran to his house and slid into the bathroom. he closed and locked the door securely behind him, and began running a hot bath.
the mirror soon began to fog up, and when richie glanced into it, he saw eddie, standing right behind him.
he spun around to face the boy, to apologize and beg for forgiveness, but he wasn't there. richie turned back to the mirror.
"eddie?" he asked softly.
what? it was eddie's voice, cruel and angry, bouncing around richie's skull.
richie began crying again. "i'm so sorry, i don't know what i was thinking."
you weren't thinking, dickwad. what are you doing?
"i'm killing myself. i-i don't know how else to make this up to you," richie explained though his tears.
eddie curled his lip in disgust. really, you think that will work?
richie shrugged his shoulders. "i have to try."
you won't like it here, eddie snapped. besides, i don't want you here, i want you there, getting all the hate you deserve.
richie sobbed harder. "i can't do it!"
how do you think i fucking felt? eddie snarled.
"eds-"
don't call me that. i'm not your eds anymore!
"-i'm so sorry." richie sat down in the too-hot water, grabbed the blade, and slit his own wrists.
then, just like eddie, he was gone.