Prologue ~ Arrival

A/N: So this is my intro just to get you all settled in on the story. I'm sorry if it's not very interesting but I promise the action starts in the next chapter so please give me a shot. ATEEZ will not show up in this chapter just yet we're taking things slow. Thank you!

~

It's been years. Three years to be exact. Three years since she's seen her family and friends in Eohithra. Her homeland.

~

"Sun-Mi?... SUN-MI!" I'm brought out of my thoughts and back into the carriage transporting me home. I look around the tiny compartment I'm in to see the source that's calling my name. It's my brother, Mark Lee; his dirty blonde hair, neatly combed to the side.

"Hm?" I respond not knowing what else to say.

"You seem lost, is all," he replies. I take a deep breath and give him a reassuring nod to tell him I'm ok. We're currently riding in a small carriage probably driven by a horse or two. It's all black and only a curtain separates my view from the outside world, one I'm not sure I want to see. "You know, we missed you," Mark speaks up to keep the conversation going. It's been a while since I've seen him so it's a tad bit awkward.

"I'm sure you did," I comment bitterly. After all, who would miss the misfit princess? He leans forward to take my hand in his. There isn't much room in here so he isn't overexerting himself. I grab his hand and he gives me a warm smile while turning to look out the window.

"Look there are so many dolphins today!" he exclaims. His eyes lighting up like a little toddler marveling at fireworks for the first time.

"Don't you see this every day?" I laugh.

"It's still cool!" he rebuttals

"You're so immature," I mutter under my breath, but he hears me.

"HEY! That's not nice take it back!" he whines. I roll my eyes, hearing a knock on the window behind me just to see that it's the driver checking up on us. Waving him off, I turn back around while looking down at my hands. I slide my fingers over the enigmatic characters inscribed on my inner wrist that have started to burn and I'm not sure why. It hasn't happened before.

(You can imagine them however you want this is just to show where they're placed

(You can imagine them however you want this is just to show where they're placed.)

"Mark?"

"Hm?"

"What's it like? Back at home. How much has changed? Why do they want me back now?" I ask. He sighs looking away from me.

"Since the incident, everyone's been in disarray and confusion. The kingdom hasn't settled down. We were gonna bring you back last year, but she decided to give you another year. She still hates you, Sun-Mi. She always has and I can't-- and I won't-- forgive myself for what happened or what they've done to you. They unjustly blamed you and I'm scared you're gonna--"