CH. 63 ~ Attack on Eohithra

Boom!

A loud explosion of a cannon's shot rings across the air.

Boom!

A second shot rings. And then a third. And then a fourth.

Little by little the only sound that the crew and I can hear are the cannon shots as they attempt to take down the Aurora that's already docked at Eohithra's port.

"Sun-Mi! Remember the formations?" I spin, clutching my satchel closely to my body when I hear Captain yell over the loud clamor of the battle that's going on around us. The sheer chaos and intensity of it is overwhelming, unlike what we had expected, but it isn't time for me to crawl into my shell yet. I give Captain an affirmative nod, rushing over to where Yeosang stands, using a rifle to keep down the influx of Royal Navy soldiers that are coming onto the Aurora.

"H-hey! What are you—," I silence the navigator quickly with a stern look, reminding him what we had agreed on.

The plan was to break down our forces into three different phases with all of us split up to lead those phases. The first group would be in charge of infiltrating and preparing the way for us in the weeks before our attack, which Ten, Chungha, Baekhyun, and the other spies did a very well job of doing.

The second group was to be the first wave of attackers on Eohithra which was Captains Chan, Irene, and Namjoon. We all agreed that they would be the ones taking on the brunt of the first attack to make a way for my crew...

The ones in charge of ending Queen Lee.

"We have to hurry! I don't know how much longer the others can hold out for us to get through!" I rush my men, pulling on their sleeves and arms to get them to follow me down the gangplank.

They all trail behind me accordingly, San coming up to assist me as we fight our way down to the docks.

It seems as though more and more soldiers are materializing out of thin air, bound to overwhelm us at any moment if we give even the slightest chance. Royal Navy soldiers clamber up the gangplank to get to me and my crew, which leads me to have to resort to fighting my way through.

I start to get finicky, reaching into my satchel to pull out the chakrams San gifted me all that time ago for my birthday. I look over at that battle master who's staring to my left, ready to jump in and protect me if need be. He notices me staring worriedly, giving me a smirk when he sees that my weapons are drawn and my stance ready to spring into action.

"You do remember what we taught you, right?" He lifts an eyebrow jokingly and I chuckle nervously.

"Of course."

"You don't sound too convinced." The younger battle master speaks up to my right, startling me as he sends a spear hurtling down and right into a soldier's torso, a rather gruesome sight. "Well, you better hope we taught you well."

"Wow, so motivational!" I remark, and San rolls his eyes, attaching what seems to be a katana to his waist. I had never seen San or Jongho so driven to fight, never understanding why they were the ship's battle masters. But now, as their concentration locks on the soldiers in front of them, I can feel their violent bloodlust, waiting patiently for the right opportunity to strike down their opponent.

San draws his katana, Jongho his club, and the rest wait for me to give the signal to proceed. My heart beats steadily in my chest, spiking out irregularly as I see the soldiers climb higher and higher. Their feet stomp on the wooden gangplank, making it wobble momentarily and when they're just a few feet ahead of me, I give the command.

It doesn't even take a second for the crew to react, my reaction turning out slower than theirs. We all leap into action, swiping and swinging our weapons, slicing through the air, and bringing down the other men one by one.