CH. 61 ~ Feelings

1st person P.O.V.

~

"Nothing beats this view." Wooyoung sighs, his eyes gliding over the view in front of him. He leans forward, closing his eyes and taking in the soft mist that sprays on his face as the Aurora sails forward. He stands on the bulwark, his hand holding on tightly to the rigging that's the only thing stopping him from falling over.

"The view would be better if you fell in," Seonghwa jeers, standing next to me as he leans on the bulwarks to look at the splendid view. Wooyoung gives him a deadpan look, rolling his eyes and ignoring the cook.

"The ocean does indeed look prettier today." I agree with Wooyoung, lurching over the side with both hands to look at the water. "Look! Seonghwa! There's a school of fishies!" I gasp, looking marvelously at the colorful fish that swim in a large group right under the surface of the water. I lean over a bit too much which worries the cook and he pulls me back by my waist, steadying me to be able to look at the fish and not fall over the side.

"Fishies?" I hear someone inquire rather curiously from behind me to see Mingi also joining me to watch the colorful aquatic animals.

"Oh my god! That one's red!" He exclaims, catching my attention. "I call dibs on it."

"Hey, I saw them first!" I huff which makes Wooyoung snicker from where he stands on the bulwark.

"You snooze, you lose."

"Fine then. I call dibs on the biggest one right... there." I point at it, crossing my arms triumphantly at being able to outdo Mingi. He frowns, mumbling some incoherent words and I stick my tongue out at him.

"You two are acting like such little kids right now. Mingi, you've seen these things like every day for the past 4 years!" Seonghwa complains, sparking an argument between the two men, Wooyoung joining in right after out of boredom.

I continue watching the school of colorful fish when the sight of a lonely San sitting at the end of the boat catches my attention. He's looking intently at something in his hand, but I can't make out what it is so I slip away from the three men I was currently with and walk over to the battle master.

He was so lost in thought that he didn't even notice me at first, keeping his eyes on the object in his hand. Now that I'm close enough to actually see the object I realize that it's a locket, a beautifully crafted golden locket that I'm pretty sure holds the picture of his beloved.

"That's pretty," I point out, startling the poor man in the process. He calms down when he notices it's me and he pats the floor next to him for me to sit on. "Who gave it to you?"

"Iseul did. She gave it to me before we left for our... attack." He informs me, smiling fondly at the little piece in his hands. "She said it was something to make me feel less lonely. I still feel miles away from her though, so I guess it doesn't work too well." I laugh, looking at the picture of the couple in the small locket.

"How was she before we left?" He doesn't answer quickly, taking his time with his responses.

"She was sad, obviously, but more so scared for me. I must be putting a lot of stress on her and the baby." He reflects, resting his head back on the wall behind him and closing his eyes momentarily. "I'm honestly regretting my decision to come. Not because I don't want to be here but I feel so guilty for leaving Iseul behind." I nod, chewing on his words and remembering the discussion Mingi, Yeosang, Captain, and I had over San's placement.

"I'm sure she understands." I try to reassure him but it only makes things worse.

"Yeah, right. She probably thinks the crew is more important to me than her." I feel odd to hear him say this, a bit confused as to why I feel this way but understanding that he should be acting this way. He should be putting his soon-to-be wife and child before the crew.