CH. 3 ~ Escape Pt. 1

Sehun...

"May I have this dance?" He requests extending a hand out to me. I turn to look at Mark but he just shrugs.

"I'm sorry but I'm a bit--"

"Hey, If I recall you said you would have a chat with me, right? How about we have that chat right now?" Sehun presses, pulling me harshly to the center of the dance floor before I can react. When he stops, he takes one of my hands in his and rests his free hand on my lower back. I rest my free hand on his shoulder and we begin to sway in with the rest of the dancers. The music is slow and mellow, romantic almost, but I'd prefer to be dancing this with Taehyung. I hadn't noticed when I had furrowed my brows, but Sehun picked up on my discomfort real quick.

"What's wrong, Princess?" He asks. I'm brought out of my thought bubble and focus on him.

"Oh, um, I-I'm not so sure," I answer honestly.

"You know you are very beautiful. I thought you would be less attractive. I guess it just makes my job that much harder." He thinks out loud. The music then abruptly stops to reveal Taehyung standing at the front taking the stage. I make eye contact with him and his smile falters for a second seeing me in Sehun's arms, but he still manages to keep a steady smile.

"I want to introduce this song to a special person in my life. This special person knows who they are and they've been of great to help me. I just wanted to dedicate this song to you and I want you to know that I love you with my being. I really wish for you to love yourself the same way I love you, so I give you Inner Child." Taehyung speaks to the crowd. He makes eye contact with me one more time before he begins to sing. His deep, rich voice dances through air and into the crowd, leaving goosebumps on my skin. His voice intertwined with the delicate music leaves a trace of sadness along with deep longing. His voice always made me feel a certain way, I could never explain it.

"You love him don't you?" I hear the man in front of me speak up. I look over at Sehun, taking my eyes off of Taehyung, with a quizzical look.

"I'm not sure I follow," I respond but Sehun just sighs.

"You don't need to act stupid with me, Princess. I know about your little affair with the commander of the King's Navy fleet. I know all about you and your secrets." At this point, his voice is low so that only I can hear it. I tense up when I hear his words and he chuckles. It's a deep throaty sound that sounds almost... feral. I try to push him away but he tightens his hold around me, jerking me to look at him.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asks menacingly. I look him in the eye fiercely.

"Look, we just met. You don't even know who I am and you're already accusing me of such stupid things I--,"

"Oh, right and I guess you kissing him was just a setup, huh?" Sehun interrupts rudely. My eyes widen at the realization. How much did he see? Didn't Baekhyun take him away before that?

"You and I are not that different. We both have lost our childhood innocence at an early age. We both have killed. We both have... Magic."

"Magic?" I gasp at the sudden realization, "So that's how you-- how you spied on me?" I shake my head refusing to believe him. "No, There's no way the King and Queen would get someone to marry me if they knew they had powers." I reason, "They despise magic."

"Which is probably why they Despise you so much, am I right, Sun-Mi?" Sehun laughs mockingly. "Just as I assumed. You're so naive, Princess. Your parents hired me to kill you. Not to marry you. I came here on one condition: To kill you and find out all the secrets you're hiding. In return, they would spare me and my magic. It was the only way to keep from getting executed." I am in complete shock. It feels like someone just poured a bucket of ice and water on me.