CH. 55 ~ Attempt at Saving

3rd person P.O.V.

~

The group moves in sync throughout the leafy forest, following the path they suppose is the one Sun-Mi took to get to Yunho. The thick underbrush and the density of the trees from being so close together make it harder for them to advance at a faster pace.

Their hearts beat and their breathing becomes strained as they feel their insides being jumbled up as they run. All of their faces hold a serious and unbreakable countenance, one that has become present as the gravity of the situation sets in.

Mingi knew that something was off the moment Sun-Mi didn't arrive with Yunho at Bina's as she had promised. Something was impeding the two from getting back to them, but that something was still a mystery to them all.

That something in question is what was currently weighing on their minds as they zone in on the end of the trail.

"Halt!" Uhreia commands in a whisper that was surprisingly heard by all thanks to the following stillness of life in the forest. It was deadly quiet, so much so that you could almost hear the leaves as they fell lightly on the grassy floor.

The group— comprised of Uhreia, Mingi, Jongho, and Wooyoung— stay still, noticing that they've arrived at a clearing. All four pairs of eyes train themselves on the figures that are currently discussing something in the clearing. From their position, they can't hear or see too well so Uhreia allows them to step a bit closer.

"Do it!" A sinister voice belonging to none other than Queen Lee's infamous right-hand man--Sehun. His back is facing them so they can't see his face very well, but the unmistakable tone of voice is all they need to recognize him.

In front of him, a mysterious figure lies on the floor emitting these awful sounds of pain that if it weren't for the obvious human limbs attached to it they all would've mistaken it for some kind of wild animal. Above it, stands the baby-blue haired girl they've all come to know over the past year, Lee Sun-Mi. From what they can tell, she's not herself right now. The black expression in her eyes and the stoic features carved into her face is not hers. But what throws them all off is the silver gun that's being pointed at the man on the floor. It glistens menacingly under the light of the bright sun, captivating them all.

It's then that Mingi picks up on a missing detail. As they spectate upon the unfolding scene, more details begin to fall into place, clueing them into what's going on.

"That's Yunho," the redhead states very quietly, partly filling up the grave silence that had started to overwhelm them all, but not loud enough to give their position away.

"What? It can't be. Then why is Sun-Mi pointing the gun at him?" Jongho vocalizes next, watching on in angst. Uhreia is the one that recognizes the forces being imposed onto Sun-Mi, the lines of worry creasing her brow further.

"It's his magic. Sehun is using his magic on her to control her."

"Can't she break free?" Mingi whips his head to the dark-skinned woman, already fearing for his friend's life. "If she can't break free she'll— she'll—,"

"She's gonna kill him." Wooyoung finishes the quartermaster's sentence, a large burden weighing on all of their shoulders.

The gun gets cocked by Sun-Mi and all of their hearts begin to race again. Especially Mingi's.

Even though his body is yelling at him to move, his feet stay planted where they are, unshakable. For reasons unknown he can't bring himself to react to the current situation, staying back like the coward he thinks of himself as.

His best friend is about to be killed by his crewmate and not one part of his body is willing to move to intercept the bullet.

Wooyoung, usually the loudest and most outspoken member of the group, has gone entirely silent, his mind spiraling out of control on what to do next. He takes a step forward but is met with a vigorous shake of the head by Uhreia.