CH. 33 ~ Peace Offering

Minutes bled into hours and hours into days and days into weeks. I lost count of how long we've spent on this island a long time ago. On the good side, I've spent most of my time learning how to control my magic types and can successfully use about 4 out of 6 without much struggle. Of course, it still takes me a while to actually concentrate long enough to activate them, but I seem to be struggling the most with Mental and Spatial magic. Nadia and Carnation have helped me as much as they can, giving me tips and tricks on how to use them.

Time on this island has also helped make things a bit more mellow between San and I although it's not much. I can at least be around him long enough and not feel the urge to punch him even with his teasing and prodding. Since I've been the one to help heal him, thankfully being able to use a little bit of physical magic when he's sleeping, I've noticed that he really loves to joke around with people. He also isn't as much of a douchebag as I thought he was. A little too immature at times but it gives me some amusement.

When he had healed enough to the point that he could move around I started to give him tasks, increasing them with the more he improved. He would go out to fish for our meals and help Nadia with simple tasks since she seemed to be obsessed with him the minute she laid eyes on him. He was a bit startled to meet the nymphs and satyr for the first time but got used to it soon enough. I would stay back at the cave experimenting with herbs, going out to pick some fruits and vegetables with Carnation, or practice honing my powers with Nadia. Pan also helped me develop new tinctures and I found out that he was the one who wrapped my wounds with seaweed the day I washed up onshore.

At some point, San decided that we needed to find a way to get back to the crew and set off to build a raft for us to use. He actually is a very skilled carpenter, a fact I found out after seeing him work endlessly on our make-shift raft. Our days became busy as we planned our way out of this island and the time we spent with the inhabitants here had me feeling a bit down today, considering that San and I had scheduled to leave today.

I was walking along the shoreline with my basket of fresh produce I picked that morning and was heading towards the cave when I noticed San sitting on a large rock near the formation where we were attacked by the sirens. Now that I remember, I still haven't gotten a thank you from him. I creep over towards him, careful not to alert him of my presence when I stretch a hand out to tap his shoulder.

"Hey," I greet San, trying to make some small talk for a change. The animosity between has died down significantly but he remains distrustful. "What are you doing here?"

"Nothing, just watching the waves," he replies, turning back to look at the water splash against the large formation of rocks.

"Do you mind?" I ask motioning for him to scoot over and he does, giving me enough space to sit down with him. I silently offer him some of the crops I picked and he takes it, admiring the sight of the beautiful teal colored beach. After a moment of silence, he spoke up and it startled me because of how quiet he had been acting.

"Sun-Mi, do you hate me?" The question catches me off-guard so my response is delayed, making it seem less credible.

"No, why would you say that?"

"Because all I've ever done is act like a total jerk with you, so I figured you hated me for it, you know." I nod along understanding what he means.

"Well, I mean, I don't really like you but I guess you're tolerable," I tease, nudging him slightly and he smiles, shaking his head.

"I'm, um, sorry. If I hurt you with what I said when we fought... and for hurting you when we fought back at the Inn. I just— I judged you wrongly. And spending time with you on this island has made me realize that you aren't who I thought you were." He apologizes, looking down at his hands with a small frown. To be quite honest, it really surprised me to hear him apologize. I set a hand on his and squeeze it reassuringly before accepting his apology.